very nice pens how much they cost to pu up joel atb mate lil

Hi mate only wood I bought was 8 lengths of 2x2 rest of the wood is off big pallets. Roll of wire was 50 but I could probs do 2 of these with it.the roofing sheets were 16.50 each and I used 3, but if I reduced the size by a few foot or altered it I could get away with 2 sheets. If I had more time I would of tried to scavenge some box profile tin sheets and some 2x2 from somewhere, and if i was making more I would of bought more stuff in bulk so would probs work out cheaper.

i am slap bang in the middle of a village, no foxes around me in ten years of keeping chickens here ive never had a problem with any predator. but yeah if i was somewhere else i probs would sink some wire in :thumbs:

I lived in a Cottage, where my Yard of Birds were 15 metres from 46 couple of Hounds and 30 metres from a full 'Flesh House' and a Fox came and took a 4 year old Cock, leaving behind a full Leg on a 'Tie out', during the day! I washed down, drew in the Hounds to feed and went in for Breakfast, the Wife hung the washing out, where the Birds were, 15 minutes later they all kicked off, I ran out the back Door to take a look, then I got to the end Cock, I saw the Feathers and eventually the Leg on the Tie Out.

A Fox checks it's area every night, covering a round trip of 10 miles and more. You may well smell it, but never see it............all it needs is one opportunity, a Door not shut properly, a gap under a Pen to dig out further or even a Cock on a Tie Out with the Fencer turned off..lol. A CLEVER MAN LEARNS FROM OTHERS MISTAKES.

• Like 2