What snapped my Rat Snare

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ye not giving us a great deal to go on, mate. But it was quite possibly any passing Dog or vulpine. Rat hanging there may have caused the initial attraction, though niether ~ whilst we're bound to hear of exceptions ~ tend to be the greatest eaters if dead rats.

Ye not giving us a great deal to go on, mate. But it was quite possibly any passing Dog or vulpine. Rat hanging there may have caused the initial attraction, though niether ~ whilst we're bound to hear of exceptions ~ tend to be the greatest eaters if dead rats.

hi Ditch, i had two snares set & already caught 2 rats a pregnant doe & a buck a bit bigger than the one in the pic, threw them under the hedge they disappeared (fox) ? that rat was found 2' from the bender left on the ground, you can see how far up the wire was snapped and the little snap on clip was nearly straightened out but held, the only other thing hanging about is a wondering cat (not for long if i have my way) the farm dogs are penned up, i'm open to any valid opinions :thumbs:

hi Ditch, i had two snares set & already caught 2 rats a pregnant doe & a buck a bit bigger than the one in the pic, threw them under the hedge they disappeared (fox) ? that rat was found 2' from the bender left on the ground, you can see how far up the wire was snapped and the little snap on clip was nearly straightened out but held, the only other thing hanging about is a wondering cat (not for long if i have my way) the farm dogs are penned up, i'm open to any valid opinions :thumbs:

red dog if clip was almost straightened its been a predator of some sort , i have had rats totally eaten but bender and clip were still perfect and not slackened in any way , peg and gun and i were checking rat snares and all peg found was a tiny piece of skull and whiskers under the sprung snare , the bender was still fim in the ground , and other rats do eat them also as you will sometimes only find a skeleton hanging from the snare .