Hi all,

I am looking to buy my first air rifle, I'm thinking of going down the pre charged route and wondered if anyone had any advice on the best rifle I could buy for around the £500-600 mark, I have previous shooting experience albeit 20+ years ago now, I've read many reviews but am having difficulty making my mind up, ultimately to be used in the field. Longevity is a key issue for me and I am fairly tall if that helps for responses.

Cheers

Toejam

• Like 1

First of all mate welcome to the site. I use a Webley R10 but they are a bit on the heavy side. I'm sure you'll get some good advice on here but if you don't flick through the Youtube, Vermin Hunters I find the best with Si & Davy.

If you are tall you may well find something like the Daystate X2 or Huntsman ideal. Wonderful guns and some are being sold by fools who know not what they got. 3 years ago we picked up an X2 with 3 litre 300 bar bottle, Hawke MAP scope, bipod, silencer, gun bag, pellets, targets too, for £275! Bargains are out there!

Thanks mole, I'll keep my eyes peeled for potential bargains, I hadn't really considered Daystate as an option because of the cost of their new rifles. Shep , yes I've watched a lot of their videos, there's a lot of good info out there.

First of all "toejam" epic choice of name!!!

I have couple rifles but I love my air arms s400. If you go for one of AA many rifles you won't be disappointed. S410 or510 are good. Plus you'll have change outta your cash. Always good fir those little extras you need. ;0)

Cheers logan :laugh: , I've been looking at S410 as I haven't read a bad review, everyone seems to rate them for accuracy and price. White, no I haven't ruled them out, been looking at under lever too, so much choice.