New Permissions

While out rabbiting I met a neighbour of a landowner I shoot for and after a quick chat I secured the shooting on his land. At his house a few days later he told me he had counted 40 fallow in the field beside his house. 'theres deer there everyday' he told me. As we walked to the hedge sure enough a big buck stood at the woods edge with 6 others lying about including 2 white ones. Must be the only place in sussex not being shot hard ! Nice to see deer out in the day.

Atb steve

Edited by sussexsteve
  • Like 3

On a place were we have the stalking the land next to us changed hands , not that we knew it had till the guy doing the keepering (part time) came round & asked us to do the deer for them as well , not a huge piece about 200acres but tagged on to the bit we already do its a handy to have ..Mainly fallow with the odd roe it needs a bit of work & a few seats but should be worth the effort this summer .

• Like 4

Had a look round the new permission this afternoon , pleasantly surprised, lots of slot & sign , see 5 or 6 does in some fairly tight cover , nothing I would have taken as I finish does in Feb but good to see .Its slightly bigger than I thought at 320 acres , a few seats in the summer & its about their ...... :thumbs:

• Like 2