2 Stroke Smoker

Dickheads lol.Done much ratting have we mate .The more oil the less rats get killed by fumes .The more smoke the more bolt .Leave the machine on tick over as the vibration helps get them moving .

Done a bit mate, always found we had better results getting some fumes into the holes then switching off. I disagree about the smoke, only need enough fumes to get them bolting not to suffocate them. The rat smokers are piss poor compared to an engine IMO

I've used them in the past with varied success, usually an adapted strimmer or Stihl saw.

Sometimes we would get loads bolting but sometimes a lot would die or walk out as if they were on ketamine lol.

I found that if there was too much 2 stroke in the fuel it would oil the spark plug up causing the engine to cut out.

The best method I ever seen for getting them to bolt was with petrol, we got invited by a keeper to do a load of release pens and all the keeper had was a spray bottle full of petrol and a lighter.

He would quickly walk round putting a couple of sprays into each hole then light one. There was a load bang as the blast traveled through the earth and the rats would come out in droves.

He must of bolted thousands that day using that method and we had some great sport.

• Like 2

I'm not sure lighting the holes is a good idea, might be a bit worried about the grain store. Sounds entertaining though!

I can remember when i used to work on a chicken farm blocking up the lower holes on a bank and sticking a large bore hose pipe in. it took what felt like an hour but then ended up coming flying out.

Edited by Tozer