Wasnt sure what section to put this. I acquired a Vietnamese pb boar couple of weeks ago, was overweight and in need of abit of tlc. From the word go he was just pure vicious, "barking", "growling" and lunging. Thought to myself ok hes scared - new place new people, animals etc. A week went by still no change, worse even!

Couldnt get him out to grass even with force, impossible. Tried everything from being nice to completely ignoring him.

Other day i tested him to see if he could find his food with me setting it infront of his nose, walked right by it.! So tried other silly things like standing near him without making a noise and he hasnt a clue i was there.

Came to the conclusion he is blind, roll of fat over his eyes i thought he could still see though as he was lunging right at us. Must just have good hearing ffs. Poor bugger!

Think they call it fat blind? he was extremely overweight and scaley cracked skin, hair-loss the lot.!

CAnt look round him or ill get ate, (no crush), farm vet may be able to know but wanted to ask on here before i ring him.

Anyone ever heard or had a pig with similar vision problems.? Is it just the fat roll or is he blind... urgh i dont know.

Nicole.