Homemade Router Bench...

Fitted a router to my workbench...

Feck paying good money for a bench router...

Longers...sent me up a router along with a shiit load of hardwood (cheers mate) ...

So spent half an hour routering out the top for the plate and bolting the router on...

Can slide down to use the workbench if i need...

Scroll saw due tomorrow too...

Heres a few pics for ideas ;) ...

Cheers..

20140211_145909_zps2ki9slr7.jpg

20140211_145856_zpst3ekxmcj.jpg

20140211_145932_zpsocqkrobw.jpg

20140211_145921_zps2hlw8ooj.jpg

Just a little bit of advice, if you take it or not it's up to you. Get a pin in that circle you have in the table it will save your fingers. Either that or make a guard for the bit. Routers are a good bit of kit but they are dangerous.

I'll get some pics up of my home made table and show you what I mean. Just an image off the net the pin gives you something stable to hold against, just remember never try and go with the rotation of the router always against.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUth49BDKlgccIDE0xX60f7C5el0SxuVnl0ejZPR_hzoCnBhHXGw

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2

Just a little bit of advice, if you take it or not it's up to you. Get a pin in that circle you have in the table it will save your fingers. Either that or make a guard for the bit. Routers are a good bit of kit but they are dangerous.

I'll get some pics up of my home made table and show you what I mean.

TC

Not sure what you mean about the pin?

Looks spot on that mate, you can use that 30mm collet and straight cutter to run around templates, glad it all came in handy for you, a guide on that bench would come in handy too ;-)

I use a dremel for the band grooves... but may put a guide in to cut band grooves out ;)

I'll get some pics up of my home made table and show you what I mean.

TC

Not sure what you mean about the pin?

I have edited my post reread it.

TC