Finally! My First Squirrel With The Catty, And A Bonus

Decided i was gonna have another bash at getting my first squirrel today, because my previous attempts have been dreadful with me missing easy shots. With the weather being perfect and a stew in the slow cooker, me and the staffie went for a local wonder to check some squirrel nests. On the way there i decided to have a quick look in an abandoned barn, spotted a lone feral and took him with a lower neck shot and 9.5mm steel

Carried on and after checking a few nests i hadnt seen a single squirrel. Then i shook a tree with a low nest in it, and a squirrel popped out and ran for it, me and the dog chased after it and finally it stopped and gave me a shot, first shot with 12mm steel dropped it, and the staffie made it even more dead. Feelt great walking home, and the house smelling of cooked stew on my arrival made it all the more sweeter lol

2014-02-02150550_zps430268e1.jpg

The bands snapped shooting at a squirrel nest on the way home, these alliance sterling bands have been on for months now and had more than a 1000 shots through them, but only gave up today, top bands in my book

• Like 4

grate shooting mate take a couple of catty's with ya thats what i do just in case the bands snap

Good idea mate, usually i just leave one in my pocket then its always there when i go out

what price are those bands ya use i got some off a lad on sling shot forum and he charged me £12.50 for 3 sets