Well, since researching a little more into this plant i am perplexed at to what it really is.... I had always been told that this was "comfrey", but the flower head suggests otherwise...The flowers suggest Gromwell but the leaves do not, the leaves of this plant being rather broader than Gromwell. I dont think its bugloss either because the leaves are too broad and the flowers look different.....Its definately a member of the comfrey/forgetmenot family...but which one.... :hmm:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Comfrey?!? Jesus F*cking Christ, JD! Don't you Ever meddle with herbal medicine, will ye?! :icon_eek:

As has been said; That flower screams Bugloss. It Looks Like a Speedwell, at first glance. Bit the stamens (if that's the right name for the tendrils in the middle?) are wrong for it. Equelly, it superficially stands up well as a Forget Me Not; Though I haven't seen a live one in years and have forgotten! :wallbash: I'm not honestly convinced the leaves are that dark or lush.

Alkanet is another good one. Though I'd have to reach for the field guides to see what I really made of it. And, if I do that, things'll get boring. But how the hell ye ever came to accept that That could be Comfrey? That's mind boggling!

Comfrey

post-3041-1190643742_thumb.jpg

Comfrey Flower

post-3041-1190643086_thumb.jpg

8)

I have pots of it here growing.....just always thought it was a Comfrey relative...and the moth catterpillars seem to agree..... :icon_eek:

I would say it is a member of the Comfrey/forget-me-not family, but which one i cannot pin point..... will take another pic of leaves...