Couple Of Saluki Pup Pics

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16 week old litter brothers:thumbs: PP, TK210 and NoMoon get some pics up lads, see how they coming along , mine out few mile a day with older dogs now, learn nowt sat in kennels though eh?

Posted Images

Cheers for that PP. Il get some pics took over the wknd,put up any you have taken dean. Bitch is a cracker,bags of confidence bold as brass,obviously had the best of srarts in life.

be nice to see yours mate and the whole litter brims with confidence, bred right ,raised right now its up to us lol atb mc

Edited by nomoon

Pleased you finaly got her smicker :victory: she a lovely pup is spex, best of luck in the future with her mate, any help ya need just drop me a pm mate :victory:

Well worth the wait,she is a real clinker,just greatful to p***y poacher for being right with me after he didn't hear from me. Will certainly be taking you up on the offer of advice,much appreciated arcticgun!Nomoon I'll have to rely on PP putting me some pics up as in not computer literate,I'll have to get someone to show me. Spex is a real confident pup,fingers crossed for next year lads. Edited by smicker
  • Like 2

I have been looking around for a while now at different Saluki Litters to see what is coming out what. These pups are some of the best I've seen yet, I will follow their progress with interest. I can't believe how big boned they are, nice and chunky to stand a good day out in the field. I am not too hot at following posts but is the dam of this litter from the same breeding as my bitch (Crown Prince x Queen Nellie)? Is it yourself that owns the dog?

I'd like to breed my bitch probably next year to keep a dog pup for myself and a bitch my partners mum. I would love a silver grizzle dog for myself.

Right, I know this is a girly question and I should be more interested in their working capability ;) which I am but when breeding Salukis does the colour of the sire and dam come into it. For example when breeding Dobermanns a bitch who is Dominant Black can be mated to Brown Dog but will produce all black puppies.

Any info appreciated.

Dam too my pups is bred Jihad Khan x Queen Nellie, I also own the sire too the litter, with regards to throw of colors I dont really knowvmuch about it, plenty on here do though. For me just best worker to bestvworker, color not matter, mind dont think many uk lines chuck silver grizzle, again could be wrong, the litter was the sires first and barring any disasters with pups, likely his last, I would advise anyone too think very carefully before breeding a litter if pures not the easiest of breeds to place a full litter, well in decent suitable homes.

• Like 4

Right, I know this is a girly question and I should be more interested in their working capability ;) which I am but when breeding Salukis does the colour of the sire and dam come into it.

NO, as you could put any two pures together and you could never predict what colour all of the pups would be,

• Like 3

colours are partly due to dominant colour genes but Dna of the parents will mean that any of the normal saluki colours could be produced even from two parents of the same colour, just steer well clear of anything with brindle in it in "Pure Breds " lol

• Like 2

Dam too my pups is bred Jihad Khan x Queen Nellie, I also own the sire too the litter, with regards to throw of colors I dont really knowvmuch about it, plenty on here do though. For me just best worker to bestvworker, color not matter, mind dont think many uk lines chuck silver grizzle, again could be wrong, the litter was the sires first and barring any disasters with pups, likely his last, I would advise anyone too think very carefully before breeding a litter if pures not the easiest of breeds to place a full litter, well in decent suitable homes.

Thanks. I will of course be thinking very hard about it. I am a responsible owner and none of our pups would go to just any Tom, Dick or Harry. I have to definate homes and 3 who have booked in advance although their circumstances may change. I will buy a dog if I do not think I can find suitable homes. My dogs are my family not just a commodity.

colours are partly due to dominant colour genes but Dna of the parents will mean that any of the normal saluki colours could be produced even from two parents of the same colour, just steer well clear of anything with brindle in it in "Pure Breds " lol

The Kennel Club wouldn't register or shouldn't register brindles snyway therefore no papers.

Right, I know this is a girly question and I should be more interested in their working capability ;) which I am but when breeding Salukis does the colour of the sire and dam come into it.

NO, as you could put any two pures together and you could never predict what colour all of the pups would be,

Thanks, just what I wanted to know.
  • Like 1

The Kennel Club wouldn't register or shouldn't register brindles snyway therefore no papers.

a piece of advice dont trust kc papers to much especially when it comes to salukis ,dont forget none of the COO,s had papers when they came here and some of the dodgy arabs have been known to slip the odd grey x in for speed :icon_eek::thumbs:

• Like 2