new red tail

red tail

Vey nice Red Tail :clapper:

No doubt about it they're cracking birds and certainly give you something to get you teeth into. has he been a bit footy with you at all during the manning process? I had one a good few years back that would show some aggresion but this was mainly his way of dealing with fear! once he steadied up he was fine.

My old male would crash into any cover in a head long dive, he would crash into Hawthorn, Bramble you name it just to secure his quarry. he finally ended up in a breeding aviary in the beggining of the 90's and produced some nice birds, by 1995 I had the pair loaned out to make space and the guy who was looking after them would never leave them alone in the breeding season, many days I would go down and see a step ladder up the side of the aviary but he wouldn't listen.

One day there was a message on the answer phone from his wife to come and collect the pair. I rung her back and she Informed me that <Malcolm the guy who was looking after them> stuck his head over the chain link roof to look at the female on her eggs, she came off the nest and landed on the perch below him so he reached further over to see!! she jumped up and punched her foot through the chain link and she nailed him in the face giving him 13 stitches across his eye :angel:

The moral off the story is he should have left her alone as she was only defending her nest but he couldn't. the twat then put me in a postition where he wanted them moved in a couple of weeks evewn though she sat on eggs and I had nowhere, Like a nob I sold a gennuine nice breeding pair for £400 as I didn't have the space :icon_eek:. I have have never spoken to the guy since and never will....

Cheers

Tony

very nice mate looks good but it looks like he aint to keen sat on your glove. good look with him mate keep us posted how you get on with him because im thinking of getting one next year

regards wag :thumbs:

hi tony how you doing mate dont know if you recognise me i was on here as hawk i but my account got screwed up

was at your place few years ago with gary {guitar player} for harris hawk

as you know my harris died at christmas and this is my first red tail every body was warning me about them

but so far hes been great coming full length of creance fed off fist first night i tried has tried to nail my hand once

again on the first night of sitting on fist was just quick enough to pull hand away

he sits on glove no bother but still doesnt like being touched he bites me every time i go to touch his keel

but starting to let me touch his feet i dont think this will be a problem im sure hell get used to it with more time

hes certainly not like my harris but so far not as bad as i was expecting hope it stays like that lol

will get some more pics up tomorrow hopefully and as i said cant wait to get him going :clapper:

and the guy that got it in the face ouch