broken end line

borntohunt

hi all am new to long netting and i have a 50yrd nylon net, when i was out ferreting last week i noticed my end line had broken about 10yards from the end pin, was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to repair this problem? or if you think it would be better to just shorten both endlines to increase bag in the net?

hi all am new to long netting and i have a 50yrd nylon net, when i was out ferreting last week i noticed my end line had broken about 10yards from the end pin, was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to repair this problem? or if you think it would be better to just shorten both endlines to increase bag in the net?
try this,it is what i do now

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...rt=#entry303556

all the best

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...rt=#entry303556

start 4" from one end and threadle through, then threadle the 4"end back the other way just behind where you threadled the first end.hope this helps.all the best

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, Get one of the blunt darning needles you can buy. Thread 4" of of one end up the centre of the other end, then come out through the side and lat it along side the other for 4". Buy some good nylon thread, "I use seatbelt thread" , but failing that, the nylon stuff for sewing jeans is good. Sew from the middle out to one end, then to the other end then back and forth till you are happy it won't break and that your mesh are sliding on it. Be sure to shorten the other band to the same length. Sorted. :big_boss:

If you cannot grasp woodmans way of splicing the lines together, a good "quick fix " is to tie the lines together on the break with an englishmens Knot. If you dont know what an englishmens knot is, take one line and form a single knot in the end of it, but not pulling it tight leave the hole in the middle of the knot. Take the other broken end line pass it through the hole in the middle of the knot, forming a knot the same as the first, round the line that has the first knot on it. This should be two knots formed round both lines, now pull the knots tight,then pull both lines apart, this will make both knots slide together. Then take some masking tape what car sprayers use and start binding over line about an inch away from knot and finish an inch away from the knot on the opposite side, smooth out with fingers.This knot will not come apart and the selvedge of the net will slide over it.

Good Sport

Master Hunter