Pike Fishing Dumfries And Galloway

Not fished it for years but Loch Ken used to be cracking,plenty of runs lots of jacks and plenty doubles,beleive its hammered with crayfish now :censored: Castle Loch used to be good too :thumbs:

a lot of the cray fish were caught up or so I was told still some good fish I was told one of my pals is a fish guide up there

Not fished it for years but Loch Ken used to be cracking,plenty of runs lots of jacks and plenty doubles,beleive its hammered with crayfish now :censored: Castle Loch used to be good too :thumbs:

a lot of the cray fish were caught up or so I was told still some good fish I was told one of my pals is a fish guide up there

Nice to know their still there...the Loch was gill netted 70s or 80s and a lot of the bigger pike were removed,it was recovering well when I used to fish it (late 80s/90s)the average size was improving year on year...we fished near Crossmichael and the far end of the loch ....new Galloway :hmm: I think.Very rarely saw anyone else fishing or anything else for that matter,remember leaving a bankstick with a Ghetto Blaster bite alarm on it by mistake,and it was there on our return weeks/months later,other highlights were a golden eagle :boogy: and a bloke from the village who if he knew we were there would come and sit for hours telling tales of giant pike and supping endless cups of tea,absolute giant of a man he was at least 6ft 6 :icon_eek: on the last night of our trip he would go into Castle Douglas and bring us fish and chips :boogy: doubt hes still with us :cray: he could spin a yarn :laugh:

Whats the lads name I live just down the road I know they had cray fish pots in there they were catching loads and the great spark in the council were paying the lads too take them out but were not aloud too sell them they ended up dumping the lot of them