Iphone Cheap Nv Spotter?

I've just realised that my iphone (and probably most smartphones) picks up the IR signal from remote controllers quite clearly. I am now wondering whether a strong IR source (nightmaster ??) could be used to turn the iphone into a spotting device.

With a simple bracket it might even be possible to use it to turn a day scope into a cheap night vision setup for close range.

Any thoughts on this?

The colour is slightly purple. If it can't be used as a scope, it might still be good enough to use to scan large areas without using a NV scope and the gun it is attached to. I might treat myself to a nightmaster to see if this works. It is close to Christmas after all.

The ccd chip in smart phones are ir. sensitive I forget what mag I was flicking through but there is a adptor out or coming out on the market that goes on the back ofyour scope that holds your smart phone in place so cam lines up correctly with eye piece to allow your smart phone to be used as a nv a hi powered ir would be okay for bunny bashing .but then again the cam will basically pick what ever light source is being emitted

Mickey, thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I'm not too sure exactly what I need right now. I've got neighbours that are probably opposed (for religious reasons) to the lamping of rats I do in my garden. They're nice so I'd rather switch to NV to avoid offending them. If I get a powerful IR source, even poorly adapted cameras might be good enough for me as the rats are 20 yards from my shooting point.

You can find the name of the company doing the bracket on the apple store if I remember correctly.

if you have the know how to could make yourself an ir illuminator that you could use for your rat problem. and someone one here i think it was already made there own iphone scope mount. made a real good job of it aswell but before you go buying an expensive ir illuminator i would test your phone with someones ir torch first. illuminators aint cheap.