Lamp Filter

Could any one please suggest how I could make a red filter for my LED LENSER P7 because the rabbits I shoot on myermision are very jumpy when they see a white LED light. I have tried using a quality street wrapper but that just killed the lights beam completely. If any one could give me some tips on how I could solve this problem, that would be great.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

Red blocks more light from the white led than ANY other colour, save perhaps blue. I tried with polypockets, acetate, even sharpie pen on glass, nothign works with the P7 as the red kills the beam. You can buy the filter kit, but don't if you only want the red. As said, green/amber are OK.

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how much it costs any filter will cut your range down !

Best bet, buy a lamp with a red LED ! I got one as a complete kit for sub £25 and it walks all over my LED lenser and genuine ultra-fire with filters, it just such a pure red light. If you want the link PM me and I will send it to you. I was very impressed, there's just no need to spend big bucks and this would cover you for rim-fire ranges to 100/120 yards !

ATB

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how much it costs any filter will cut your range down !

Best bet, buy a lamp with a red LED ! I got one as a complete kit for sub £25 and it walks all over my LED lenser and genuine ultra-fire with filters, it just such a pure red light. If you want the link PM me and I will send it to you. I was very impressed, there's just no need to spend big bucks and this would cover you for rim-fire ranges to 100/120 yards !

ATB

Matt

Could you post the link please? Thanks :)