New Bsar10, Couple Of Questions

Hi Guys

so i splashed out on a new R10 yesterday.

I've only put 30 pellets through it and decided to crono it.

762 with only a couple of feet variation with 7.9 grain accuples . Although the consistency is good its only putting out around 10.2 ft.lbs by my reckoning . (in 1.77)

how has yours been?

can i expect it to increase in time or is that it?

thanks in advance

Si

Edited by si8433176

Try a different pellet , BSA barrels prefer heaver pellets , one of the best is Daystate heavies JSB heavies 10.3gr both are the same pellet . When I had mine it was running at 11.7 ft/lb .

For a lighter pellet try jsbs 8.44 grin 4.52 - 4.53 , Daystate sovereigns 8.44 , 4.52 are getting some good results as well and these should run at 11.2 -11.3 ft/lb

Don't for get a new gun will take a few hundred and more pellets to run the gun in .

Don't forget to clean the barrel if it new as well , it might have some factory crap in there .

Edited by villaman

Thanks for your help guys,

Reaper: I'm with you completely ! accuracy over power every time, but i would have expected a little nearer the 12ft.lb mark.

just one more question. between the but pad and the stock is what i'm going to call a spacer. there is a gap/split in mine, is that normal?i'm guessing not. i didnt notice it in the shop!

because of the power from the R10 i thought i'd check the power in my trusty AA S410. its always been a fantastic piece of kit and i'v cherished over the last 5 years or so. and low and behold the power on that is the same as the R10. its been so good i've never had reason to check it before! i was quite happy with it then so will continue to be so.

if i'd not checked either i'd have been none the wiser and perfectly happy LOL

Si

That is a adjustable butt pad . Like I said the heavy pellets will get you 11.7 ft/lb and that's the closest you want to be to 12 ft/lb and those pellets will be very very accurate in most r10s and other guns to .

Edited by villaman

thanks for all the good advice guys,

i bought some daystate heavies today, and over the crono they're doing 11.2 ft.lbs which i'm much happier with.

i checked the other R-10's in the shop while i was there and theres doesnt have the split that mine has.

its not in the stock, and its not in the butt pad its in the bit in between the two, if that makes sense.

thanks again guys

just phoned BSA and they're posting a replacement out which will be with me tomorrow. (stock)

apparently they have to replace the whole stock, a shame because i really liked the dark grain on this one.

But what a service though!! cant fault that at all!

Si

Well that's a bit of a results anyway.