Last Nights Outing

Hello all, not posted in this section for a while but last night me & the gafer had a night out with the scultra and the pulsar n550, weather wasn't to great when we set of so we wasn't sure if we was going to bag any but when we got to the spot the weather piced up had abit of wind so things were looking good, got to the 1st field where there was a couple of rabbits I slowly walked up towards one and raised the gun onto the shooting stick took aim but missed, it was further than I had though, this happened quite a few times untill I got use to the doubler that is on the n550 after getting use to it I managed to take a rabbit with a head shot around 30yards doing a nice flip in the air, the 2nd rabbit was around 40 yard I took it over with a nice shot but took my eye off it and couldn't find it as I didn't have a torch lol the 3rd rabbit I got was a nice headshot taking in over cleanly, when I looked again to see where it wAs there was another next to it sat up on its back legs so I put a .22 airarms field target straight through its brain, walked over to retrieve the rabbits but there was only the one there couldn't work out where the other one had gone, then I handed the gun over to the gaffer he took a nice rabbit with head shot around 39 yards, and after missing a few more due to the wind picing we decided to call it a night, very please with how the .22 scultra preformed and can't wait for the next outing hopefully this week and hoping for a bigger bag and not to lose any thing time lol

image_zpsb08aaf3b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice shooting lads i missed two last night but as iv said be fore even the best of us miss from time to time and i hate it when you cant find them me and daz looked for one a few weeks back for 30 mins or more and in the end it was next to my right foot all of the time ,hate the long grass atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mac spent more time looking for his hat last night than rabbits, bit windy up here! Nice shooting and that is some bit of kit on there!!! Looks heavy!

Haha I can you imagine

It's not actually heavy on the scultra daz it was heavy when the gaffer had it mounted in his r10, it's a good bit of kit but I'm not that good with it that's why I have a ns200 for Christmas from the girlfriend

• Like 1

What does it weigh? I guess if you take the scope off to put that on, there is a little compensation. My HW100 is supposed to be 3.8kg, then with bipod & scope I guess pushing 4.5kg, which isn't much, written down, but after 6 hours walking around, you start to feel it haha.

I assume you use it just like a scope then? did you post any footage? As a matter of interest, (I know I can google it) but what are those retailing at?

• Like 1

I'm not to sure in the weight but it's still light and well balanced to ,

You can pic them up 2nd hand of eBay for £600+ they retail air £1000, just use it like a normal scope really good but of kit, pm the gaffer if you want to no more about it he uses it a lot more than I have

Ha, the price just put it out of my reach, even 2nd hand. I'll wait till the kids have left home.....or I win the lottery

you can do a home build daz what cost around the £100 mark and that would look something like a ns200 with the screen you just need a good ir torch and i would go for one like my ir cost me £45 and i can see 250 yards easy more than enough for an air gun there are loads of threads on airgunbbs and part lists knocking about from what i hear alot perform very well

the rabbits are the same hear 1st time i used my nv i got 10 yards off the rabbit and had to move back for the shot lol and the rabbit didn't know i was there.there is a thread on the nv part on hear about home made setups and part lists are on there too daz may be something on there to help you out its dam cheaper than buying one thats for sure