My Jack Russle

Mitchell1982,sounds like you're really happy with the dog and thats all that matters to you at the moment ,you will find as you gain more experience in the field,etc, that you will want to improve your next choice of terrier by not just buying for work but looks as well,there are plenty of good looking working terriers about if you take the time to research your needs,I would say most of us bought the first terrier we looked at when starting off in the mistaken belief that all terriers will work to the same standard,the terriers I keep now are a long way from those I started off with 45yrs ago,we should all look to improve the next generation of workers by constantly pushing the boundaries,my mates dad had a proven line of fox dogs,all with "Queen Anne" legs,small snipey heads and that was the norm in the 60's,70's but most modern breeders would think twice before breeding one into their line nowadays,we all look to breed the best we can,good luck with your terrier and enjoy every moment spent in the field with him,WM

are you serious wm? :hmm: im sure he'd be better off trying to improve the dogs working ability in the field rather than its looks?

• Like 5

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terriers !!!!!! Ive never scorned any mans or condemed the way or what they work them on as i started with mongrels and my jouney has took me through many learning curves. Seen scruffy littl

Here's patch! What do you think?

. Have to disagree Seen all shapes all sizes do the. Jobs reqired. Makes not one differance what they look like what colour and who bred them if the work the work looks dont come into it

Posted Images

I under stand were and why you've decided to speak up iv a jr bitch coming up to two years old at first she would be on and off but I must say she is a pet , part of the family , with not one bit of training from me , or any one all I did was take her to the rabbits she learnt and did the rest herself and she loves it . At home soft caring loving all that but if I say Molly work put her hunting collar on she will shiver with excitement all the way to were we going and give a 110 o/o all the time rc1 with back me up on this so enjoy the dog as the dog enjoys working for you Mate

Mines on my profile photo and plenty in the gallery if you want as look bud

Blood lines not some thing I'm interested in if my dog is a good grafter it's because she learnt the hunt on her own with a little help from me not giving some one els the glory to say it because it's there blood line

Benellisupanova,I am serious,the kids been lucky that it will at least kill rats and mark a few rabbit holes,like most starting off he's bought the first thing he's seen.We all look to improve our stock and that means breeding off the best available,I have bred a lot of terriers and have a litter now that will hopefully keep my line moving in the right direction for work and looks,nobody likes an ugly dog regardless as to what you may think and queen anne legs and snipey faces are faults in any working terrier (see breed standards).Terriers are able to cover the ground better by having straight legs and a strong head is something all terriers need,so,are you telling me you would spend your money on any old pup?? why would you? when you can buy a good working pup off well bred stock that also look good and adhere to breed standards,most poorly bred terriers will be found wanting when they are asked to step up their game to a heavier quarry.I would be interested in seeing a pic or 2 of your terriers BS and what your experience is ?? I also noticed the kid never put a pic up of his dog,WM

. Have to disagree Seen all shapes all sizes do the. Jobs reqired. Makes not one differance what they look like what colour and who bred them if the work the work looks dont come into it
  • Like 9

He goes to ground instantly aswell! All be it to retrieve rabbits thet the ferrets have killed! But I didn't teach him that he just did it! He was 5 foot deep the other day in a rabbit warren I even filmed it on my camera just dont know how to get it on here yet!

• Like 1

Benellisupanova,I am serious,the kids been lucky that it will at least kill rats and mark a few rabbit holes,like most starting off he's bought the first thing he's seen.We all look to improve our stock and that means breeding off the best available,I have bred a lot of terriers and have a litter now that will hopefully keep my line moving in the right direction for work and looks,nobody likes an ugly dog regardless as to what you may think and queen anne legs and snipey faces are faults in any working terrier (see breed standards).Terriers are able to cover the ground better by having straight legs and a strong head is something all terriers need,so,are you telling me you would spend your money on any old pup?? why would you? when you can buy a good working pup off well bred stock that also look good and adhere to breed standards,most poorly bred terriers will be found wanting when they are asked to step up their game to a heavier quarry.I would be interested in seeing a pic or 2 of your terriers BS and what your experience is ?? I also noticed the kid never put a pic up of his dog,WM

yes i breed off the best available and my last litter are all starting well now (not due to breeding for looks) and i wouldnt think twice about buying a pup off "ugly" parents aslong as they do the job i want! put a pic up of your beauties and ill put a few of mine up :thumbs:

• Like 2

Looks should be the by product of breeding your best to your best if you best is handsome all is fine but if your best happens not to be. You dont breed , !!!!!!! The working standed is the only standed if you could tell by looking at a terrier what the out come would be. Well we would all have the cream eh.

• Like 2

Like I said im happy n we are totally inseparable....... Its just with my inexperience and my mate takin the p*ss all the time I didn't know what to think! When you look at him from the front his legs do bend inward and his head is a lot smaller than my friends terrier's, I think I posted this more for a constructive opinion from people in the know rather than my mate who seems not to like the way he looks

Like I said im happy n we are totally inseparable....... Its just with my inexperience and my mate takin the p*ss all the time I didn't know what to think! When you look at him from the front his legs do bend inward and his head is a lot smaller than my friends terrier's, I think I posted this more for a constructive opinion from people in the know rather than my mate who seems not to like the way he looks