Sfs 97 V Prosport

Hi there,

I owned a PS first but it suffered from a few problems that meant I had to send it back to air arms. To be fair their customer service was spot on. Couldn't fault it. They fixed the rifle and sent it back. Unfortunately the post man decided to drop the box causing the box to rip and the rifle to fall out which caused major damage to the action. I contacted air arms and obviously showed my disgust and to be fair to them they gave me another rifle. To cut a long story short I fell out of love with the PS due to my problems and decided to get a 97KT stage 2 tuned by SFS.

That rifle was a dream after SFS tuned it and it was very very accurate with just a dull quick thud for recoil. It was probably one of the best rifles I've ever owned but the weight and the fit of the rifle meant it always felt uncomfortable to shoulder and shoot. This was more a personal preference than a niggle about the rifle. No matter how brilliant the rifle was I always felt a bit awkward shouldering it.

I soon started hankering after the pro sport again as it was lighter, looked more pleasing to me anyway and shouldered so perfect! I swapped rifles with Zini from here and have never looked back. It did suffer from the same niggles my original one did such as a boingy firing cycle but this was soon remedied by Timmytree from here. Tim worked his magic on the PS and I instantly noticed a remarkable difference.

They are both exceptional rifles and will be far more accurate than I could ever shoot them but the Pro Sport for me was the better option. I would suggest though that if you have the money everyone should own an SFS rifle at some stage as their work really is the best I have seen in the tuning scene for spring piston rifles and their customer service is also second to none.

Phil

• Like 3

Nice to see you back Mawders :bye:

I cant say much for the prosport as I have never had or shot one, but they are beautiful looking rifles!!

the hw97kt is another great rifle, and these two you have mentioned are the top of the pile, you cant get better !

they are on par performance wise, so its down to what you prefer Garrick mate.

try both if you can

Cheers guys, been busy with work and family, have not been shooting since July I think! That should change soon as I have planned a few outings weather permitting. Sorry to hear numbers were down Timmy, maybe your doing a better job on them than you know! Pro Sport has been cradled in my time away but not shot lol!

• Like 1

Hi there,

I owned a PS first but it suffered from a few problems that meant I had to send it back to air arms. To be fair their customer service was spot on. Couldn't fault it. They fixed the rifle and sent it back. Unfortunately the post man decided to drop the box causing the box to rip and the rifle to fall out which caused major damage to the action. I contacted air arms and obviously showed my disgust and to be fair to them they gave me another rifle. To cut a long story short I fell out of love with the PS due to my problems and decided to get a 97KT stage 2 tuned by SFS.

That rifle was a dream after SFS tuned it and it was very very accurate with just a dull quick thud for recoil. It was probably one of the best rifles I've ever owned but the weight and the fit of the rifle meant it always felt uncomfortable to shoulder and shoot. This was more a personal preference than a niggle about the rifle. No matter how brilliant the rifle was I always felt a bit awkward shouldering it.

I soon started hankering after the pro sport again as it was lighter, looked more pleasing to me anyway and shouldered so perfect! I swapped rifles with Zini from here and have never looked back. It did suffer from the same niggles my original one did such as a boingy firing cycle but this was soon remedied by Timmytree from here. Tim worked his magic on the PS and I instantly noticed a remarkable difference.

They are both exceptional rifles and will be far more accurate than I could ever shoot them but the Pro Sport for me was the better option. I would suggest though that if you have the money everyone should own an SFS rifle at some stage as their work really is the best I have seen in the tuning scene for spring piston rifles and their customer service is also second to none.

Phil

Good to see you back mate :yes: