Is the ns200 worth the money ? Thinking of getting one as a Christmas present from the girlfriend, iv seen the videos of these and they look decent but I'd like to hear it from the lads that's used these in the field, what's the best video recorder to go with it.? Any help would be great help

Thanks DD

I have an NS50 with an upgraded camera that makes it at least equal to the 200, and I really like using it. It does take some getting used to mind. There's the weight, screen glare, cables etc to consider. It take some practice to use well basically!

Have you considered any of the other NV set ups available? I've never tried anything else except a DIY set up I made myself so can't recommend anything although I do like the look of the design of the Nite Hunter snipercam HD which seems to get good reviews and has a built in recorder. Theres the new Yukon Photon, Night-Eye500, Pulsar etc

I use a cheap Angel eye recorder on my Nitesite but for the best picture quality, most people go for one of the Lawmate range. They come at a price though: £400+!!

put your location up bud there might be someone local who will let you play with theres.the best thing that it offers is it takes 20 seconds to remove it and your scope is still zero for the day time shooting.you can use it on different rifles during the night too.i personally have found the glare people go on about does not make any difference.how close do you want to get because the rabbit will sent you long before that glare scares it.

mike

Thanks for the replays lads, iv been thinking about getting one for some time, my brother has the pulsar n550 and it is an amazing peace of kit but I'm wanting something where I can still use my rifle as a day rifle as well as night time, I'm from doncaster but I would travel if anyone would let me tag along on a nights shooting with them to see it and try it out first hand

Thanks a lot DD

Edited by digging-deep

I agree the glare isn't really a problem in so much as giving your location away to your quarry but I did find it would affect my own night vision before I used a filter on the screen.

I do love mine, it's probably my best hunting investment so far. I'm sure it's almost paid for itself with the extra bunnies taken to the game dealer too!

Ive owned an ns200 for the last 20 months using it every week. I still rate this kit highly and only problem ive ever had was the lead from the screen unit to the camera unit had became a loose fit over time causing the 'picture' to be occasionally lost while shooting. My ns200 was out of warrenty but nitesite arranged a courier to pick it up and they did the repair and returned the nitesite within 4 days at a cost of £36.

Ive made a few of mods to my ns200 one using a homemade screen filter and the other a Cobra Merlin dsa which makes swapping between my rifles a piece of cake ive also bought the smaller lithium nitesite battery which ive velcro'd to the stock.

I tried the n550 and it just wasnt for me i much preffer the ns200.. Just to add the new ns50/200 units come with screen filters the new lightweight battery and the lead connectors are all 90 degree jobbies making the problem i had with my early unit a thing of the past.

Thanks for the replays lads, iv been thinking about getting one for some time, my brother has the pulsar n550 and it is an amazing peace of kit but I'm wanting something where I can still use my rifle as a day rifle as well as night time, I'm from doncaster but I would travel if anyone would let me tag along on a nights shooting with them to see it and try it out first hand

Thanks a lot DD

If you can get over to me your welcome to have a go with my ns200.

• Like 2