Future Pup?

I try to keep an adult dog and get a pup when they are about 4 to bring on to run with them for a year or 2 then replace them one the older dog retires. As is the way sometimes I've got out of sink, my pup was killed in its 2nd year and now the old dog is 6 so will be edging towards the twilight of her working years. I have a cracking pup from p***y poachers litter to bring on but I am on the look out for another next year for a different job.

I'm sure there are many lads on here who's litters are never advertised or have friends who don't come on the site. I'm looking for a little inoffensive looking dog that catches far more than it looks like it could. I've always had bull crosses up till this but that line of work doesn't float my boat anymore and when the bitch retires I'm looking to replace her with an out and out rabbiter.

I know looks don't make the dog but I fancy a broken coated bitch if that's what came up. Distance isn't an issue, I'll travel wherever (never been to Ireland, might be a good excuse). There is no such thing as an ideal world but if there was I'm looking to get a pup in the spring of next year.

Any litters in the pipeline I would like to be considered, contact me via pm if you like. I will keep an eye on here and bump this back up in the new year, but like to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

Have you seen the litter recently advertised by Magpie? Im not sure if all pups are yet spoken for, last I heard there was still one available, and sounds to me just what you could be looking for

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/301369-a-bit-of-background/

they look a cracking litter keeps ,if I was on the look out for a pup that's the man I would be ringing ... :yes::yes:

• Like 1

Read it over and over again! They are the type I'm looking for but the timing just isn't right. I'm not man enough to run 2 pups together, I like to put all my time into one pup and get it right. I've never had a saluki bred dog before so the pup is a learning curve for me too, I wouldn't do another pup justice at the moment. Plus with working my current bitch and expecting another baby end of January the spring is my window of opportunity. I'm flat out with harvest come mid summer. If nothing comes up next year I'll bide my time and wait till the right one does.