Weatherby Vanguard Series 2

Yep I got one in .243, put a Boyds laminate stock on it, floated the barrel, with home loads I can get a touching cloverleaf group @ 100 yards, and with federal factory stuff, it will print a half inch group all day, brilliant rifles, if you don't mind a bit of weight, very well engineered, I would say the best value rifle in the country, buy one you wont be disappointed :thumbs:

My Howa 1500 is good, be even better when i get a new scope for it (one that's CF rated that is :icon_redface: )

As I keep saying Hutchey, get a Nikon on board, you will be amazed :icon_eek:

I'll second the Nikon scope, they are amazing value for money.

As for the Vanguard 2 they are beautiful bits of kit, a howa action as smooth as you like and although they are guaranteed sub MOA out of the box, they are better if you float the barrel.

Hi jay r

Not a sporter barrel, but by the time you fit a decent scope and mod the weight creeps up.

I use a thumb stick or a set of varmint Als bi fur's

Elmo

Hi Elmo i see where your coming from,ive got an old wooden stock tikka t3 with a T8 mod and bipod which i think is weighty ,i would go for a lot lighter mod next time if i could find one,i wonder how they would compare in weight ? cheers jay r :thumbs: