1St Cross Col/whip Or Bul/whip

No experience of collie x whip but I've done a couple of seasons with a mates bull x whips lamping and ferreting bit small for me but plenty of heart

i always liked whippets, had a none ped bitch, some of the males at the track were 30lb, tough little buggers, some you could see the that bit of bull in there. J/P dogs are supposed to be good little dogs, think 1/4 bull, prob go for the bullxwhippet :yes:

don't go believing every you here about jp's pocket rockets,!! I'd advise anyone that wont's to perches a pocket rocket to ask for a night/day out with them first before parting with your money,!! Because you may just change your mind about them.
I've heard that,the mate I mention above bred his own but was invited from Sussex to Wales for a night to see how bad some of this lads were to prove his point bull x whips are useless!!!!!

ive bullxwhip.very good dog for what i do,and were out 3 to 4nigjts a week summer and winter.they dont used just for ferreting :whistling:

Drop "Hubbs" on here a PM and tell him bull/whippets are useless.

:laugh:

Read what I wrote,we were invited to see a fellas dogs in Wales so HE could show us they were useless,for some reason he felt the need for us to drive miles to witness this as we'd said they were good at what they do.

I think there limited personally but great fun dogs.

Read what I wrote,we were invited to see a fellas dogs in Wales so HE could show us they were useless,for some reason he felt the need for us to drive miles to witness this as we'd said they were good at what they do.

Maybe HIS were useless. But doesn't mean they all are :thumbs:

I've seen a good one. Limited wouldn't be the first word I would use to describe it.

I've seen a good one. Limited wouldn't be the first word I would use to describe it.

yup true,maybe westy only runs his dog on the lure at sussex longdogs

What you two swapping spit in the showers?

Yeah that's right I only lure course mate absolutely nothing else.

If you've got a bull/whip doing the lot great but the pair I've run with the last few seasons(yes shock horror in the field not a placcy bag in sight)there good probably some of the best rabbiting dogs I've been out with but there height and weight means there limited fact yes there go the extra mile on other gear but need help.

My profile pic is my dog at 11months at kelmarsh last year got reserve at Simo coursing beat alot of dogs and was a good laugh and had a meet up of the litter mates........I like the pic my bad lol

What you two swapping spit in the showers?

Yeah that's right I only lure course mate absolutely nothing else.

If you've got a bull/whip doing the lot great but the pair I've run with the last few seasons(yes shock horror in the field not a placcy bag in sight)there good probably some of the best rabbiting dogs I've been out with but there height and weight means there limited fact yes there go the extra mile on other gear but need help.

My profile pic is my dog at 11months at kelmarsh last year got reserve at Simo coursing beat alot of dogs and was a good laugh and had a meet up of the litter mates........I like the pic my bad lol

ok mate im only having a crack,ive been to sussex ld not a bad afternoon out,not all bullxwhips are small mines 23 tts and 27kg so just normal lurcher size.mainly use mine for tracking now adays

I can only speak for the dogs I've seen work out in the field. My bull whippets ( Non ped whippet sire ) are what I wanted when I had the breeding in mind. Good all rounders that will take a knock or 2 and carry on regardless. They are never going to be world beaters but will give you 110% every time you go out no matter what you have in mind. I compete in a lot of Athletic events with mine and they doe very well in most aspects. A little taller would of been a bonus, but I never wanted a big dog so it doesn't bother me. I am pleased with how they have turned out although often wonder what a collie/whip/grey over my bitch would produce, along with my dog over a whip/grey ??