Collared

Our third hand pet springer always used to disappear as soon as he was let off the lead so decided to get a shock collar to try and reign him in, only had to use it a couple of times and he was a new dog. I used the bleep facility in conjunction the recall command and it worked a dream, and used the heel command with the vibrate facility and low and behold we had walking to heel. Took him pigeon shooting 3 weeks ago without his collar and it was a nightmare, he was all over the show, took him last week with his collar and he was fantastic, retrieving to hand, even multiple retrieves, but and here's the rub I still had to use the bleeper in conjunction with the recall command, have I made a rod for my own back and will have to use his collar each time we go shooting, I don't mind as it's no real hassle and to see him working with the minimal training I've put into him is a joy and saves me having to keep getting out of the hide to pick up!! It's his first proper season and he was only a pet before we started taking him so he's not doing bad :thumbs: