Teckels

sambo123

They are used a lot over here above and below ground. I have thought about using one, would be a handy dog on a permission with huge amounts of bramble and cover so thick the cocker can't get through, the teckel would just go under it. If from working lines they can be used up till great age, suffer from very little health issues and have great drive and stamina.

I've seen them make great allround dogs with a good nose, pretty nice retrieve from water and land but their size will become a limiting factor.

Brilliant mate. . . . to be honest she has so far, surpassed all of my expectations. When I got her, given her breeding, it was generally accepted that she was going to be a pain in the arse, hard to train, control and work. SO far however, she's been a dream! She can do the hound thing, follows a good line, bays well, and likes to run bigger stuff through the forestry, etc. But when she loses it she comes back well. Shes good on the whistle, and will come quick. I've had her out with the runners, but i've also been shooting over her. I took her pigeon shooting the other day, and she sat tucked up behind some bales with me, waiting patiently, and retrieves pretty well. Also had her out ferreting on her own the other day, she marks well, respects the ferrets and nets, and has the patience for the job. . . which i'm surprised at! Done a little ratting with her, which she took well to.

Her general obediance, and intelligence is good, she comes around the shoot with me, riding on the back of the quad, and I can leave her sat on the quad, outside the pens, with pheasants milling about, and bugger off out of sight to fill some hoppers, and she will stay sat there and not bugger about with the birds. . . and shes been an asset dogging in. . . . .

Hopefully she will come and do a little beating this year, and also maybe run in a bigger hound pack with her litter mates . . . .

All in all, i'm chuffed. . . . and i'll admit it, surprised. :thumbs:

• Like 4