Longnetters In Hampshire

ferretracer

Currently do a bit of ferretting with a mate of mine but looking at just going with a longnet and giving it go just wondering if anybody localish im in basingstoke but dont mind travelling within reason who would be up for me tagging along some time to see how its done, im genuine im not going to steal your permission took me long enough to get me ferretting one,s either reply or pm me.

If you have some permission already, why don't you just get a net and get used to using it ferreting. Then you can practice running it out and picking it up along with how the net behaves with a rabbit in it. Once it all becomes 2nd nature, your probably ready for a night drop.

Its a lot easy to learn now a days, with DVDs and sights like this, when i started there was nothing.

and the old lads who worked the webs at night, wouldn't show a lad a birds nest,

Luckily one took me under his wing and showed me ropes.

I would suggest, if you cant get anyone to show you, try some of the dvds on long netting,

some of the Lads on here will know the best ones on the subject.

nothing better than hands on, but at least it will give you the basics.