Salmon And Grilse

This season has been the worst I have ever seen in the NE of Scotland there is a severe lack of fish even out at sea but there is also a lack of water with no rain here for 2 months so hopefully they start to enter in numbers with the next rain .

It was the first overcast night for a long time .....fished one of my favourite pools on Morphie and 3rd cast hooked a 12lb bar of silver and it made a good account of itself on light gear

post-88284-0-48494600-1373912059.jpg

I would normaly of returned a hen fish like this but there was no way it would of survived

Nice fish on the single hander mate. I know on the Dee they were expecting a lot of fish to come after the cold Spring but it never happened!!! Don't think the estimated 70 dolphins off Aberdeen harbour helped :-/

There were a few fished showed out there lies when I was playing the fish and sat for 1/2 an hour and had a beer with the lads and there was a few grilse moving so cast through the pool again and hooked a wee grilse

post-88284-0-64495100-1373912740.jpg

I was out mink hunting on sunday and saw a few shoals of fish that looked like sea trout but were very small grilse

doesn't look like theres going to be rain this week so that will keep the seals fed

Nice fish on the single hander mate. I know on the Dee they were expecting a lot of fish to come after the cold Spring but it never happened!!! Don't think the estimated 70 dolphins off Aberdeen harbour helped :-/

there were a lot of fish came inwith the snow melt on us but didn't sto[p till the upper beats but theres not even fish coming in on the tides as the lower beat should be packed with fish .

there were a few dolphins in the mouth of the northie last week

Ive been dancing my tits aff for weeks ....we need rain bad up here for the river and the game crops doesn't look like were getting it this week

It's hellish mate. Always the same with summer salmon fishing. All the rivers are at summer low just now...even the Tay though they are still picking away at them. Might be worth a cast there til we get a down pour :thumbs:

I was invited to fish Newtyle a couple of weeks but couldn't make it ....the Tay is fishing well ....I have seen the Northie lower over the years but the water table must of been high from the past years and there was still snow on the back hill until a month ago .....The nets up Thurso way have been picking up grilse since last week and we are starting to see numbers of them in the nets down here ....