Went to my local shop for some shooting sticks and got a scope instead.

Proud owner of a MTC Mamba lite 3-12x on 44mm.. The brightness level is far higher than my old scope and I don't know how I ever managed to hit anything without the AO function. Can't wait to get it zero'd and start trying it out properly.

At what distance to you guys zero, I have zeroed at 30 yards normally, using a sub 12 Weihrauch HW100. in .22 calibre

Is it better to zero short i.e. 15 yards so your only dealing with hold over at anything above that???

Yeah hard to fathom, but I think that by using pythagoras, did maths long long long time ago is skool, by shooting up or down hill you shorten the distance the pellet is acted on by gravity so you actually over shoot compared to a level shot. Or something like that at least. :hmm:

I know that if I get a chrono I'm going to start tweaking the power up as far as I dare, and probably land myself in the poo.

Stew

Accuracy is the real power test of any air rifle Corinium Stew. It's not the higher the FPS or the FPE that counts. It's more about how precise it is at putting a pellet on a dot time and time again with enough power to kill humanely. The average range you can see a rabbit or pigeon's head clearly and cleanly defined at, in your scope, is far away enough for a 10ft/lb rifle shot to reach it with energy to spare. Better still if you have 11+ft/lbs to begin with :thumbs: But with precision accuracy, it is amazing what ranges you can shoot out to with confidence.

Simon

I believe so Nick. They aren't powerhouses but very sweet and accurate. I've shot with Davy's Spectre at Old Downs Shooting grounds and it's really lovely. Even though it was zeroed for Davy's eye and has a strictly right-hander roll-over comb on the thumbhole butt-stock. I got really tight groups and skittled spinners at 40 yards with it. Great rifle! :thumbs:

Simon hasnt davy63 and zini had there vhtv spectre spring rifles set at around 10.5 fpe mark,and these guys can shoot a rifle
regards nick