ammo for 410 mossberg/hushpower

Guest mongo

Hi there, I've just bought a 410 hushpower mossberg and have been trying out some cartridges. The only ones I've managed to get hold of are 3" eley subs and the standard 3" load.

I have fired both these cartridges and can't tell any difference between the two. I know they are 3" and are not going to be the quietest but I was expecting some difference in the two.

Another thing is that the subs case is marked MAGNUM which seems a bit strange to me.

If anyone uses subs when shooting can you please let me know which they use and if it's right that a sub could be a magnum.

All the best,

Mongo................. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

same as above you will only notice the differacne if listening from further away. I find the sandard 2 1/2 eley carts very quiet but they dont hit quite as hard but if yours is the same as mine (full choke) your only getting overkill on rabbits ising the 3's

I have found eley 3" or lyvale 3" to be the best carts for my baikal hushpower ! The subsonics are a slower cart so less knock down i found , the hushpower gets quieter after a 100 or so shots so i read on the saddlery & gunroom web site , they make hushpower . Roll top carts are quieter than crimped carts . Good hunting !

• 4 weeks later...
Guest foxyforce1

just bought myself a mossy 410 aswell found the eley 6s no good at all, the rabbits were just taking the shot and running and thats at about 20 yards, anyone got an all n all out good artridge they find good?

cheers Billy