Pet Insurance.

pet insurance is like any other in my experience, they try and get out of paying out on claims by whatever means possible :(

I had a Spaniel and terrier both knocked down and killed together on a major roadway, let out of the garden by so called friends, the police moved them out of the road and gave me a call, I collected and buried them in the garden, tried to claim on their pet insurance and they would not pay out as I had not got them certified dead by a vet, wouldn't even except a signed letter from the two coppers who found them dead on the roadway.

Didn't insure my dogs for a while after that but out of necessity now back paying what seems to be exorbitant fees for insurance, something after hearing about even more exorbitant vet fees, I now fear is definitely a necessity!!

I recently had my only claim with argos, took me 8 weeks and numerous phone calls, each person promising me it would be sorted, and nothing happened, claim went in on April they paid up last week.

Have now insured with another company, wouldnt deal with Argos again.

Iv been insured with asda for the last year and can't fault them ,found my dog had a leaking hart valve and then had a lung infection that ended with being kept in for 5 days at vets ,totalled 1400 quid and they payed out every time I sent receipts in ,also emailed 2 say they had received them ,just wish I had taken out the platinum instead of standard with it being a ongoing illness ,atb john