RSPB and DOE setting up falcon breeder's

Guest shaheen

Can I just thank the moderators of this site and forum for their time in allowing this thread to run.

It is in the public interest to allow it to be voiced and seen.

Had this been the IFF or WFF, it would have been axed by the spineless moderators who dominate them said sites.

This way, we all see the truth of the matter.

I have been following this thread with interest..as I am sure have many others..I do not know either Derek Canning or Neil Hunter personally but via friends have heard of both..and I thought not to get involved but..some of the things said by annonymous others have in my opinion been cowardly and less than helpful..thrown fuel on the inferno..

Trying to look at it from both perspectives..on the face of it there are two people who are both obviously very hurt and very angry because of what they allege the other has done to them..

The nature of the allegations initially made by Derek and the subsequent very strong refutation by Neil..which is in total contradiction to what Derek has said would suggest that obviously one of the two is being dishonest..these are irreconcilable differences (of opinion or fact)..two people saying quite the opposite..

Derek Canning appears to be trying hard to produce his evidence and lets hope it comes sooner rather than later..if there is any to produce.. Niel Hunter is saying Derek has no credible evidence..Until this unfolds and the full facts are known and established beyond doubt.. let us bystanders try to be more objective about the whole thing and confine ourselves to asking sensible questions of either party..or otherwise not comment..

I would suggest that those who have done so already..refrain from making comments such as calling someone a liar or thief or other such libelous and nasty names...or at least if you feel you must resort to this type of claptrap in the hope that it will win a few supporters.. then at least have the bottle to make yourself known via your proper name..any coward can say things sitting at home anonymously behind a keyboard..but acts of this nature smack of fake courage and dishonesty in its zenith..

This is obviously a very highly emotive subject for both people concerned..Neil and Derek..both have said unpleasant things about each other which while they may not help reconcile the matter..I would say it is understandable in the circumstances..and at least both have had the integrity to sign and stand publicly behind their own names..I for one am pleased that the Hunting Life Forum had the guts to let the thread run its course..but the sooner this matter is ended the better for everyone..it is impossible on the face of it for any of us to make a judgement on the word or evidence of ether party as it now stands..and besides who are any of us to stand in moral judgement of others..

The possibility that Derek may be an egg thief is irrelevent here..as is where the cable tied falcon came from in the first place..forget that..it may be a catalyst in some ways but in other ways it seems to me to be obscuring the facts of this dispute..(if I have read things correctly)..it is what happened afterwards and the conflicting word of two people about the transaction of the falcon that is in dispute..the courts have dealt with the other bits..it is a fact that there are plenty of people wrongfully convicted of crimes every day..likewise..there are plenty of bent policemen in jail..thats also a fact..so the outcome of this could go either way..and so lets wait and see what further undisputable facts unfold..and then lets leave it there..

all the best

A very fair post. Just to add.Mr Canning was convicted by a jury of the offences.Not just one peregrine was involved but upwards of 20. Mysteriously the parent birds were stolen,from him, just before the raid on his premises. Mr Canning has failed in every attempt to overturn is conviction.He failed in his attempt to sue me civilly for the peregrine I purchased from him. The judge/magistrate in the civil case referred to Mr Canning as a compulsive liar and found in my favour. Mr Canning complained about me, not once, but twice, to my senior officers in the police ,stating I had committed perjury during his trial,even although I was not called to give evidence as my evidence had been accepted. It is impossible to committ perjury without giving evidence.

The truth has already been proved.I have nothing to prove,but 15 years on I get contacted to be told I am once again being attacked on a public forum by Derek Canning. It is the same questions that have been asked, and answered time and time again. The answers will not change.

I have answered the Mark Robb situation giving my reasons. That has nothing to do with anyone except me and Mark Robb. I will happily sort it all out with Mark Robb but he is so unreasonable and blinkered that will never happen.

All the questions that I have answered on this thread will no doubt be asked again.As far as I am concerned this thread has now run its course and I feel I am banging my head against a brick wall. :wallbash::wallbash:

Regards,

Neil Hunter

Neil Hunter you have avoided answering the most fundamental and vital question; did

you tick the registration document to say the bird you received from me was a gift? The answer is yes or no. STOP using your brother and friends as a smoke screen and just answer the question yes or no nothing else really matters; yes or no Neil Hunter

LET USE SEE A COPY OF WHAT YOU SAID TO YOUR CASE OFFICER AS I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE PHONE CALL WAS MADE.

Derek

The judge believed it, if that was a contentious issue, why did you or your defence team not call Neil as a witness at your trial

and accept his evidence. If you had caled him as a witness he could have been questioned about it.

The reply would have been the same, you ticked the box and sent the same green pen to Neil.

I am not sure if a statemnt was ever obtained from Simon Liebert, I know what their policy is and if Simon Liebert

failed to note down the phone call I really feel that is an issue only he can answer, perhaps you should contact him.

Neil Hunter you need to explain this. Do not ask you brother to explain Roy Pitt’s email; you need to stand on you two feet. I am the only one supplying documented evidence so the least that you can do is reply personally and stop hiding behind your brother and friend so you do not incriminate yourself

Subject: RE: DEREK CANNING

Date: 27/03/2008 15:44:32 GMT Standard Time

To: DEREKCANNING

CC: Chris.Cotterill@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk, Barry.Ellis@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk, john.hounslow@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Mr Canning

I refer to your further email below. I have spoken to both Lynn Garvey and Simon Liebert, neither of whom can recall any telephone conversations with Neil Hunter about a bird he obtained from you in 1993.

I can confirm that we would not advise anyone to make a false claim or declaration. If a keeper made us aware of a discrepancy, it is likely we would suggest they advise us, when they return the registration document, of any circumstances they did not consider reflected the true situation; we would then consider what action, if any, needed to be taken.

Roy Pitt

Sent: 27 March 2008 12:32

To: Pitt, Roy (AH)

Subject: DEREK CANNING

Look at the letter from Hayley Wharmby who confirms on July 1998 13:50 she can find no recorded of Neil Hunter’s claimed phone call and I have a statement Lynn Garvey that confirms if there was any phone call by anyone complaining about irregularities with a registration document there would be a note made.

Now look at what Neil Hunter said about phoning the DOE to complain about me ticking the gift box and that none of the parent ring numbers were on the form and that he had bought a cable tied bird that I had no legally right to sell. In short, if Neil Hunter was telling the truth the DOE would have contacted me and I would have been reported for selling a cabled tied bird at that point in time.

I will now look for the Magistrate’s acquittal relation to the bird that I gave Neil Hunter.

See Derek

The important word used in their reply is"likely" not saying it did not happen rather than, that should have happened

I cannot remember individual conversations from 15 years ago

NOW YOU WERE SAYING JOHN

IN OTHER WORDS IF I HAVE OF SOLD NEIL HUNTER A BIRD WITH A CABLE TIE AND NEIL HUNTER WAS TELLING THE TRUTH THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE POLICE. JOHN THERE IS PLENTY MORE OF THIS A LOT MORE TO COME OF THIS THAT HAVE BEEN SAVING; AS MY LAW TEACHER USED TO SAY TO ME 'RES IPSA LOQUITER' THE FACTS PEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND YOUR BROTHER IS LYING AND HE HAS PERVERTEDC THE COURSE OF JUSTICE AND SHOULD BE PROSECUTED JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS NOT A POLICEMAN. Has your brother always hid beyind you and his gang.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems like if you happen to side with anybody on this thread, you become under the spot light, ok give it your best shot :whistling::gunsmilie::whistling:

Its a strange one Mate :hmm:! we've all been watching over the thread unfold with some Guys obviousley knowing more about the case than others and sticking by the information they know in defence of parties involved, which is fair enough!! but there's others that have just popped in for the Bundle. if its a Bundle they want! it will go to the main General Forum for the rest of the Hunting community to take part and make their decisions and all sorts of shit will break loose....

Lets not turn it into a General Election lads. the two main guys are putting their cases forward and the gennuine guys who know the score are giving their support and Infomation, beleive me at the moment its pretty sensible compared to some of the stuff that goes off on the forum ;).....

The thread is serving no purpose other than giving Canning the sounding board that he wants, he is a vindictive nasty piece of work

and has never answered any of the questions put to him. The problem is if he answers them truthfully then he confirms that he has

massaged the information to suit his cause.

He never answered about the letter, I know it exists because it was presented at Newcastle Court. I am sure it will be in the archives somewhere

and I will endeavour to get a copy. That will show him for the liar he is.

A Jury of people who did not know Canning saw through him, yet he tries to muddy the waters with half truths.

Neil signed the form and was given bad advice by DEFRA when he phoned them up to query the situation.

Again Neil states that the Gift box was ticked when the form was sent to him. Derek has kindly posted the form for all to see

and as was stated earlier the tick has had a great deal more pressure applied to it than the other writings which are obviously Neils.

He has not answered the question about the money, insists that Neil was a friend of his which he never was,

He states that he was acquited ot Hexham Magistrates court of selling the falcon because of the advice of his legal team. What advice was

that, don't cite the witnesses who could prove otherwise.

Neil would be happy to move on and put the whole episode behind him, but for the last 15 years Canning has popped up like the bad penny

he is.

Give everyone a break and close this thread down.

I know the truth which is more than can be said for Canning

NOW THIS IS WHERE YOU have SHOT NEIL IN FOOT. The DOE have said that you are lying, furthermore, whom went over the green pen with a black pen to confirm the bird was a gift then signed the legally document as a gift called Neil Hunter. This stammering ****wit as you called me has just shown you to be a liar. Neil to stop saying he has answered my questions when he has used his brother to prevent him lying personally.

post-17028-1207022110_thumb.jpg

post-17028-1207022142_thumb.jpg

Edited by DEREK CANNING LLB[HONS]
Another example of Cannings devious mind.

I was working one night and my Inspector got a call from Northumbria Police confirming I was at work. Mr Canning had been sitting in his taxi in Hexham when he was alledgedly approached and threatened by a Scotsman wearing a balaclava. I was always glad I had an alibi or else you never know what I might have been accused of.

Neil Hunter

What are you talking about you mad man, are you taking mind-altering drugs? I made no such complaint you lying fool.

Let me a sure you Neil Hunter had you of been the man that you refer to the police would not have needed to look for you as I would have dragged you lying face by its ever growing nose straight to the police station with the greatest delight.

Edited by DEREK CANNING LLB[HONS]

I was working one night and my Inspector got a call from Northumbria Police confirming I was at work. Mr Canning had been sitting in his taxi in Hexham when he was alledgedly approached and threatened by a Scotsman wearing a balaclava. I was always glad I had an alibi or else you never know what I might have been accused of.

Neil Hunter

What are you talking about you mad man, are you taking mind-altering drugs? I made no such complaint you lying fool.

Let me a sure you Neil Hunter had you of been the man that you refer to the police would not have needed to look for you as I would have dragged you lying face by its ever growing nose straight to the police station with the greatest delight.

Neil WHY DO WE NOT ARGUE HEAD TO HEAD WITHOUT YOUR BROTHER AND GANG ANSWERING FOR YOU AND SEE WHO PEOPLE BELIEVE?

it seems like if you happen to side with anybody on this thread, you become under the spot light, ok give it your best shot :whistling::gunsmilie::whistling:

Its a strange one Mate :hmm:! we've all been watching over the thread unfold with some Guys obviousley knowing more about the case than others and sticking by the information they know in defence of parties involved, which is fair enough!! but there's others that have just popped in for the Bundle. if its a Bundle they want! it will go to the main General Forum for the rest of the Hunting community to take part and make their decisions and all sorts of shit will break loose....

Lets not turn it into a General Election lads. the two main guys are putting their cases forward and the gennuine guys who know the score are giving their support and Infomation, beleive me at the moment its pretty sensible compared to some of the stuff that goes off on the forum ;).....

The thread is serving no purpose other than giving Canning the sounding board that he wants, he is a vindictive nasty piece of work

and has never answered any of the questions put to him. The problem is if he answers them truthfully then he confirms that he has

massaged the information to suit his cause.

He never answered about the letter, I know it exists because it was presented at Newcastle Court. I am sure it will be in the archives somewhere

and I will endeavour to get a copy. That will show him for the liar he is.

A Jury of people who did not know Canning saw through him, yet he tries to muddy the waters with half truths.

Neil signed the form and was given bad advice by DEFRA when he phoned them up to query the situation.

Again Neil states that the Gift box was ticked when the form was sent to him. Derek has kindly posted the form for all to see

and as was stated earlier the tick has had a great deal more pressure applied to it than the other writings which are obviously Neils.

He has not answered the question about the money, insists that Neil was a friend of his which he never was,

He states that he was acquited ot Hexham Magistrates court of selling the falcon because of the advice of his legal team. What advice was

that, don't cite the witnesses who could prove otherwise.

Neil would be happy to move on and put the whole episode behind him, but for the last 15 years Canning has popped up like the bad penny

he is.

Give everyone a break and close this thread down.

I know the truth which is more than can be said for Canning

NOW THIS IS WHERE YOU have SHOT NEIL IN FOOT. The DOE have said that you are lying, furthermore, whom went over the green pen with a black pen to confirm the bird was a gift then signed the legally document as a gift called Neil Hunter. This stammering ****wit as you called me has just shown you to be a liar. Neil to stop saying he has answered my questions when he has used his brother to prevent him lying personally.

Derek

That was for the court case I gave evidence for in Newcastle, which you lost again.

I gave evidence in court,. Does the mention of the green pen not substantiate what Neil has already said or am I being stupid

And are you ever going to answer the question about the letter you produced at that hearing

If you have the transcript from tha hearing why not produce that and then you can prove the issue with the letter

Or do you have a copy of the judges ruling on the case

Edited by Johnjo
when you light a fire if you don't keep chucking wood on it it will eventually go out, and this is the same with this thread all the new members who have joined just to have a look at this thread, how many of you will be about when the fire has gone out and other threads need contributing to?

i would say not a lot, ok derek does seem to have hit a brick wall at the moment but what else has he got to give?, seems like all the new members want this thread taken off asap like all the other forums it has been on why? neil has even said himself it will not stop even if it comes off here there are other forums for it to start again. :big_boss:

I see what your saying but I personally would like to see it stop. The problem I have is that this has been going on for 15 years now. It has all been dealt with in the court. How many reading this think that Derek Canning IS NOT a peregrine thief. Not many I would guess.

Ultimately Derek Canning has harassed me for all this time but I compose myself and answer his questions but they get repeated time and time again.

I would like to look around this forum and could contribute in many of the sections, as falconry is not the only fieldsport I am involved in, but I end up spending all my time on this thread,waiting for the next bout of verbal diahorrea from Mr Canning & Co. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

ATB,

Neil

Mr Hunter,

Do whom do you mean when you say your waiting for the next bout of verbal diahorrea from Mr Canning and Co ?

Does that include me by any chance ?

Neil if you think I am unjutly harrissing you then you must report the matter to the police as you you are an ex police man. Why did you really leave the police, were you asked to do so by any chance? Answer the question and who shut up john this is not for you to answer or any of Hunter's good friends. I often think no matter what he is paying them it is not enough.

You have no idea why Neil left the police and if you think it is for any detrimental reason

you are as usual misinformed. Tell us why you think Neil left the police it should be very interesting

Edited by Johnjo

Neil Hunter

Neil WHY DO WE NOT ARGUE HEAD TO HEAD WITHOUT YOUR BROTHER AND GANG ANSWERING FOR YOU AND SEE WHO PEOPLE BELIEVE?

See Derek, because I am part of it and know the facts .

just wait I am working through the Neil Hunter files.

What Derek there is even more about him ?

Just about 75 pages, however I am trying to shorten it so it makes it more user friendly on here. Neil, his wife and brother will not be happy especially when I send it to the police. However, he can try to get in my good books by giving me the money for the spars if they were not a gift and paying Mark his money. I know that he is not bothered about the money he just feels betrayed by some one that that he trusted. I know how he feels.

Derek send it to the police I have nothing to fear or hide so crack on

now i am not taking any sides here but i have read through this post and what i cant understand is ,if derek canning is lying so much why is he doing so much to clear his name and also showing so much documentation on an open forum of what has happened to him . i know he was convicted and sent to prison. but the man seems to want to clear his name and it would not be the first case of miscarriage of justice in english law would it .

Wag,

Fair comment , but read the posts and look at the evidence. Look at the answers I have given ,and then look at the answers he has not given to any questions. Whether or not the DNA evidence is flawed, he claimed to have bred 22 - 29 peregrines from 2 breeding pairs naturally. There are not 2 breeding pairs in the country as prolific as that. Add to that, the fact that when his premises were searched no parent birds were found as they had "conveniently" been stolen . It doesn't take Columbo to work out what the truth is.

Neil

In spite of what I have said about keeping this thread on point, I must ask you Neil where did you get this rubbish from about me having only four peregrine falcons and breeding so many birds from two pairs. For a start I was using AI from other birds. You need to get your fact right before talking rubbish. Neil three of the parent birds were DNA AND EVEN Parkin said that this strongly supported my case and his DNA was flawed and corrupt, as we all know Neil you are talking from emotion and dreaming and it is rubbish.

Did you produce evidence of your AI at court case and if not why not

I would like to say that this thread is limited to the issue of whether or not I sold Neil Hunter a cable tied bird. The issues of my guilt or innocence will be dealt with once I have been given permission to use various people’s evidence in the manner that we as a joint entity want. Trust me or not the evidence will leave any right minded person in no doubt of my innocence’s and that of other peoples as well. The matter is so serious that it must be done right and that does not include reacting to some childish bullies trying to mentally drive me down WITH REMARKS THAT HAVE NO BASIS IN FACT. A maxim that comes to mind from my childhood 'is stick and stones may brake my bones but words will never hurt me’ especially from people that mean less than nothing to me.

I have just about finished the evidence on Neil Hunter, his wife and brother and I will be further substantiating my accusations against they above three above people when I post my work.

If I may ask the following three questions.

1] I would ask Neil Hunter what occurred to the two spars that I gave you in 1993 because if they were not gifts then you own me money for the birds?

2] Why did the police stopped you at a petrol service station when you were dealing in peregrine falcons with a German man?

3] John Hunter why did you and your friends tick gift on the registration documents for the birds that you and Neil Hunter received from me in 1992?

A bit of a contradiction, their Derek, at the top of the paragraph you say lets keep it to the cable tied bird, then you ask a question about a german

IN OTHER WORDS IF I HAVE OF SOLD NEIL HUNTER A BIRD WITH A CABLE TIE AND NEIL HUNTER WAS TELLING THE TRUTH THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE POLICE. JOHN THERE IS PLENTY MORE OF THIS A LOT MORE TO COME OF THIS THAT HAVE BEEN SAVING; AS MY LAW TEACHER USED TO SAY TO ME 'RES IPSA LOQUITER' THE FACTS PEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND YOUR BROTHER IS LYING AND HE HAS PERVERTEDC THE COURSE OF JUSTICE AND SHOULD BE PROSECUTED JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS NOT A POLICEMAN. Has your brother always hid beyind you and his gang.

"RES IPSA LOQUITUR" is a legal term used in cases of obvious negligence ????

To be precise it means

Res ipsa loquitur

Literally, " a thing that speaks for itself." In tort law, the doctrine which holds a defendant guilty of negligence without an actual showing that he or she was negligent. Its use is limited in theory to cases in which the cause of the plaintiff's injury was entirely under the control of the defendant, and the injury presumably could have been caused only by negligence.

Not sure if this is used in the right context Derek

As for coming to get an autograph at the falconry fair, you say you thought I was a MAN, well I'll tell you what, I'll be at the fair, you know what I look like, lets see if you are MAN enough to come and ask for an autograph tough guy!!!

You started the mud slinging and ganging up on me. Therefore, you have nothing to complain about if some one retaliates. You should keep your nose out of other people’s fights when you do not know what you are talking about. As for as meeting you I am sure you would not be so brave face to face. This is what I look like by the way so you will know what I look like if I ever want an autograph which I never will. You are a waste of space and my time.

post-17028-1207060760_thumb.jpg