Inside Kneck Cleaning ?????????????

Just use a normal phosphor bronze bore brush the same calibre as your rifle - .22 looking at your forum name, an old one is fine.

You can either get one of the RCBS/Lyman/Redding etc etc handles to screw it into or just stick the brush in your combi drill.

If you have primed the cases then don't shove the brush in as far as to contact the primers. Simples.

I usually buy my brushes, jags, patches etc in bulk direct from Dewey in the US, quick to post and friendly too: http://deweyrods.com

atb

Fizz

• Like 1

Just use a normal phosphor bronze bore brush the same calibre as your rifle - .22 looking at your forum name, an old one is fine.

Cheers pal

You can either get one of the RCBS/Lyman/Redding etc etc handles to screw it into or just stick the brush in your combi drill.

If you have primed the cases then don't shove the brush in as far as to contact the primers. Simples.

I usually buy my brushes, jags, patches etc in bulk direct from Dewey in the US, quick to post and friendly too: http://deweyrods.com

atb

Fizz

Would have to be a pretty thin brush to make contact with a primer !!

Actually, cleaning the inside of the neck should be one of the first tasks that the reloader should undertake. This cleaning process helps the passage of the expander button on your die.

If any reloader is contemplating using a phosphor brush on the inside of the necks using the assistance of an electric drill, great care should be exercised as the phosphor bristles can easily erode the thickness of the neck, plus over use of the drill on metal to metal friction has the effect of over working the brass - best to use (if you have to) the phosphor brush by hand.

I seen a few guys with fine wirewoll over the nylon brush seems gentle on brass but yet cleans think I may head in that direction.

Would have to be a pretty thin brush to make contact with a primer !!

Actually, cleaning the inside of the neck should be one of the first tasks that the reloader should undertake. This cleaning process helps the passage of the expander button on your die.

If any reloader is contemplating using a phosphor brush on the inside of the necks using the assistance of an electric drill, great care should be exercised as the phosphor bristles can easily erode the thickness of the neck, plus over use of the drill on metal to metal friction has the effect of over working the brass - best to use (if you have to) the phosphor brush by hand.

I seen a few guys with fine wirewoll over the nylon brush seems gentle on brass but yet cleans think I may head in that direction.

Not quite sure why you are asking this forum questions when you already have 'your own' answers to your questions

Why I ask these questions is that it is natual for humans to be innovators and not to follow the usual trends.

Why should I use a nylobrush when there is better ways to do the job I mentioned wire wool around the nylon brush as I have seen it mentioned on a other forum today yes this may be the road I go down as its been the best idea I have seen so far so no I have not answered my own question as im waiting to hopefuly hear a SENSIBLE response to challenge my decision rather than a aragant replie like (buy a reloading book and you wouldn't need to keep asking these questions) that's the problem with these forum's most of the people on them are aragant and unhelpful and dont seem to have any idea how to interact in a communal manor.

But I cant blame the child like replies of danw and dicehorn to be held against everyone but this forum seems to be getting full of more and more aragant members.

They seem to forget why they joined the forum.

To discuss related hunting activities rather than bitch at each other for the sake of a cock measuring contest.

I try and be as less anal as possible on here as it's to easy to do so you ask a simple question and you get stupid replies from member's who are not intelligible enough to give a simple but helpful answer.

So anyway any better ideas than wire wool around a nylon brush?

And the the idiots than run the forums give you a warning for using txt style grammar but yet you can call people name's and yet do so on a weekly basis.

Just seems most forums are full of

un constructive unhelpfully members of society.

Such a pity as there are so many good and helpful member's on the forums yet it only takes a few to ruin it reprception.

• Haha 1

Trouble is Geoff you seem to want a cheap fix for all your questions - Dan's suggestion you buy a reloading book makes a lot of sense - most of your questions would be found amongst it's pages and looking back on some of your questions to this forum only strengthens my opinion a reloading book is a must for you. However, if reading is not your forte a better idea maybe for you to watch how Ammosmith does his reloading on U Tube.

I may lack your intelligence but I am desperately trying to find where I have called people names - at least I am humble enough not to call the guys that run the forums idiots. I have been reloading well over 20 years - reload for 16 people covering 9 calibres from 17 Rem to 300 Win Mag - perhaps I have a right to be arrogant - go back over my previous posts on this forum - you just may learn something.

• Like 2

Just had a wee look on some americsn forum's they seem much more helpful to the stage were there photocopying complete manuals and posting them.

No chance in hell of anyone on this forum doing that.

Please excuse my terminologies and frustrations of this site it just seems like a waste of time with every post.

• Haha 1

Geoff your absolutely right I am child like and arrogant not to mention narcissistic, opinionated, egotistical, ostentatious,superciliouse and down right pompous.

Edited, I forgot to add awesome and amazingly handsome, lol

P.s if the American sites feel copying manuals and posting them is the correct course of action then it would seem I am right and someone with your level of experience needs a reloading manual

Edited by danw