Shoud I Separate? Advice Needed

For future reference to anyone who decides to purchase/adopt/rescue ferrets or any other animal. Please take the time to fully understand what their needs are and ascertain whether you can financially and physically provide appropriate care at the time it is needed, BEFORE taking them on.

While the fact of unnecessary breeding has been pointed out it is a refreshing change not to see the s**t nonsense harped i.e I've bred ferrets for 109 years now, jills have all lived 'til 16 and never brought them out of season. Atb.

We all have to learn from somewhere. And from what I've learnt is that trail and error is the best way. I've read a million books, threads, forums and watched enough videos on pigeon decoying to last me a life time, yet as soon as I got out in the field I had no idea.

And yes I think about financially thoughts about getting a pet is a good idea, but if someone offered you something for free and then another asked you to pay. What would you do? Like he says, there's plenty enough people we know through family and friends that would happily take the kits from us, but they sure as hell wouldn't want to buy some locally if we're giving them away. Similar sort of state of mind is it not

So, if someone offered a couple of free Pythons does the same logic apply? :laugh:

If you wanted pythons and someone offered a python for free would take it or go else where and pay, you'd take the free one ,that's the logic!! :hmm:

For future reference to anyone who decides to purchase/adopt/rescue ferrets or any other animal. Please take the time to fully understand what their needs are and ascertain whether you can financially and physically provide appropriate care at the time it is needed, BEFORE taking them on.

While the fact of unnecessary breeding has been pointed out it is a refreshing change not to see the s**t nonsense harped i.e I've bred ferrets for 109 years now, jills have all lived 'til 16 and never brought them out of season. Atb.

We all have to learn from somewhere. And from what I've learnt is that trail and error is the best way. I've read a million books, threads, forums and watched enough videos on pigeon decoying to last me a life time, yet as soon as I got out in the field I had no idea.

And yes I think about financially thoughts about getting a pet is a good idea, but if someone offered you something for free and then another asked you to pay. What would you do? Like he says, there's plenty enough people we know through family and friends that would happily take the kits from us, but they sure as hell wouldn't want to buy some locally if we're giving them away. Similar sort of state of mind is it not

So, if someone offered a couple of free Pythons does the same logic apply? :laugh:

If you wanted pythons and someone offered a python for free would take it or go else where and pay, you'd take the free one ,that's the logic!! :hmm:

So your logic is take what you want when it's free without having the appropriate knowledge or finance to cope. Glad you've cleared that up. Atb.

So your logic is take what you want when it's free without having the appropriate knowledge or finance to cope. Glad you've cleared that up. Atb.

who said anything about finance, and as for knowledge not everyone knows everything, though some think they do, and is it best to ask if you don't know or bulls**t your way through life because your worried you may look stupid asking, your obviously more knowledgeable about ferreting and husbandry than me yet instead of passing on your knowledge you feel the need to pass a derogative comment, well that is your prerogative, but it's about as useful as pissing in the wind, unless of course you want to know which way the wind is blowing!

Not sure where your based but if you'd like to check out my ferret setup, offer advice, have a bacon sarnie, a cuupa and check over my finances you'd be more than welcome, atb Bruce

Hi Bruce, I have done the same as you pal. I struggled to get any decent kits and a member from this site decided to let his two working Jills (they have a good reputation as solid workers) go as he is concentrating on other things, I jumped at the chance. Then I managed to get a couple of quality kits from a Falconer, typical! While I was there he offered me the services of his quality working hob so again I bit his hand off and put both of mine in kit so I can try and get a decent supply of workers for the future, this way I know exactly where my ferrets originated from, any surplus will be sold or given away to friends. I certainly don't know everything and have asked advice and read books as well as just getting stuck in, if there is another way please let me know anyone out there!

To answer your original question, my kits are coming in around two weeks and I am going to separate them and give them their own space this weekend. I am more than happy to try and muddle my way through and put our heads together to help each other out. That bacon sarnie sounds too good to turn down, not interested in your financials though! WTF is that all about

All the best

Pat

Hi Bruce, I have done the same as you pal. I struggled to get any decent kits and a member from this site decided to let his two working Jills (they have a good reputation as solid workers) go as he is concentrating on other things, I jumped at the chance. Then I managed to get a couple of quality kits from a Falconer, typical! While I was there he offered me the services of his quality working hob so again I bit his hand off and put both of mine in kit so I can try and get a decent supply of workers for the future, this way I know exactly where my ferrets originated from, any surplus will be sold or given away to friends. I certainly don't know everything and have asked advice and read books as well as just getting stuck in, if there is another way please let me know anyone out there!

To answer your original question, my kits are coming in around two weeks and I am going to separate them and give them their own space this weekend. I am more than happy to try and muddle my way through and put our heads together to help each other out. That bacon sarnie sounds too good to turn down, not interested in your financials though! WTF is that all about

All the best

Pat

thanks for that Pat, are you in the Kent region by any chance? Anyone's always welcome to come round for a chin wag, cuppa and a sarnie, off work long term sick at the mo so the companies welcome.

All the best

Pat

thanks for that Pat, are you in the Kent region by any chance? Anyone's always welcome to come round for a chin wag, cuppa and a sarnie, off work long term sick at the mo so the companies welcome.

I will PM you my location mate, you never know who is watching lol