Anyone Had Problems With Hawke Scopes Recently?

I've had two 10x42 Tac 30's now in as many weeks and they've both been duffers. With the first one I thought it was great initially, but using it soon turned sour. The optics were all out of line, turns out it'd had a knock during manufacture which was evident by a chunk being taken out of one of the turrets which had then been 'blacked' over. Also there were sloppy manufacturing of other some parts too. The second, direct replacement for the first, has lockable target turrets but one still spins when snapped down into the 'lock' position so I'll be taking it back too on my next day off! Not impressed at all with a company that many believe to be one of the best. Not impressed at all.

Looks like the QC dept needs a shake up. Anyone else had issues lately?

Jim

Jim, the Hawke Sidewinders and TAC30's that i have had (some bought years ago and two recently) are all good. Not too sure about the first one you had, but the second one sounds as if the screw on top of the turret needs nipping up. The screw is designed to be loosened so you can reset the zero once dialled in.

If you are unsure, speak to the importers, Deben, they are a helpful bunch and will get you on track either with advice on how to put it right or with a fix of the issue.

Hope you get it sorted as the scopes do offer a lot of bang for your bucks and IMO the best reticles out there.

Thanks for the reply hot shot. The screw was tightened right in, the dial was clicking as it turned, even in the 'lock' position, so I know it was tight. I took it back, first guy in the shop was as baffled as me and was prepping it for return to Deben when a second staff member took the turret off completely to have a look underneath (is previously done this too at home to see if I could see what's wrong). Under the turret is just a turned ali cylinder with no acces to the internals, so he put it all back together and now it locks down properly and doesn't turn when locked. Something obviously wasn't located correctly but now it is and it's fixed. Time will tell if it stays that way!

Jim