Aa S410 Carbine Issue

Good Morning,

My brother in law (who has not got a clue about computers ect) has asked me to seek out any advice (and possible solution) regarding a problem he has with his AA S410.

Its pretty simple really, when sliding the bolt action back in to load the pellet it gets jammed (the bolt) and stops around a 1/2 inch from the home position. I have looked around online and can see that there have been some people with issues regarding the multi magazine but he is sure it has to do with the bolt action.

Any advice would be well received.

Mark

Hi Andy, Thanks for the reply, yes he has and its still the same, it doesnt happen every time (say once every 5) and the tip of the rod seems to be going into the pellet chamber straight it just seems like there is an issue with the area housing the bolt rod.

Good Morning,

My brother in law (who has not got a clue about computers ect) has asked me to seek out any advice (and possible solution) regarding a problem he has with his AA S410.

Its pretty simple really, when sliding the bolt action back in to load the pellet it gets jammed (the bolt) and stops around a 1/2 inch from the home position. I have looked around online and can see that there have been some people with issues regarding the multi magazine but he is sure it has to do with the bolt action.

Any advice would be well received.

Mark

Sounds like the indexing spring is suspect, cheap part on flebay have a look on you tube for a fix.

Anthony

hi

if the bolt is sliding free with out the mag,then check out your indexing post,there is a chance it is bent or about to snap!

also what type of pellets are you using?

i have known of a person who had a pellet trapped in the bolt housing before!

once i took it apart i found it all squashed up in there,i wont mention his name here :laugh:

• Like 1

Its dead easy to just remove the side panel which has the indexing mechanism in it. Its 4 or 6 small allen bolts from what I remember. Theres a bit of metal inside which slides up & down as you bring the bolt back. Id start by removing this, then seeing if the bolt works fine. If so, it will help narrow the problem down.

In general, the s410 is a dead easy gun to work on. You just need a couple of allen keys to strip it right down.