Extra Range For Fac Rapid 7

yes mate i did.... i figure if im ever going to up a air rifle to fac it would be a 177.... looking at chairgun, i think the flatter trajectory of a 177 far out weighs any extra 'stopping power' you get from 22. i knew i prefered 177 for a reason ;)

hmm about a half inch to three quarts an inch from 13-15 yards out to 60 yard...with the right pellet in, yu dont need the extra from a .22 lol. suttlety prevails :victory:

bare in mind though, as you get used to stuff, a heavey pellet carries a lot further..and holds a bit better (in fac turms..).

I would worry about how a little .177 would behave with 30+ft/lb of power behind it.... but i'm now of the firm opinion that its the best calibre for sub 12.
i think at 30fps it would be aproaching the second sonic barrier with an 8.4 grain pellet..

a little less would mean more shots per fill of course, with a lighter pellet.. its the tragectry advantage over the sheer weight of a 20 plus grain pellet making the sub sonic 30fp.

as always, shot placement first..

With a pellet so light at that pressure the pellet would most likley tumble beyond 30 yds and would be as accurate as a boomerang.

if most of it didnt slick up the barrel lol

• Like 1

Been reading your post's about .177 at FAC level, my ticket gun does 1155 ft ps using 7.9s, and at 100yrds it groups a tad over half an inch, pretty flat 40 to 90 yrds, no tumbling, it can and does take rabbits at 120 yrds with little effect from a light breeze.

I love this calibre, quick and very accurate, even at sub 12 ft lb i prefer it for much the same reasons. but at 23,4 ft lb the little .177 is fantastic and i would urge people to try it, you wont regret it !

atb phil

Been reading your post's about .177 at FAC level, my ticket gun does 1155 ft ps using 7.9s, and at 100yrds it groups a tad over half an inch, pretty flat 40 to 90 yrds, no tumbling, it can and does take rabbits at 120 yrds with little effect from a light breeze.

I love this calibre, quick and very accurate, even at sub 12 ft lb i prefer it for much the same reasons. but at 23,4 ft lb the little .177 is fantastic and i would urge people to try it, you wont regret it !

atb phil

hmmm sounds like a good set up to me :victory:

It is, the extra velocity cuts through a breeze like a hot knife through butter. But in a wind the problems are much the same as a 12ftlb rifle but not as exaggerated. The rifle is a HW90 TB fac, I modified the ram from fac standard by increasing swept volume (longer stroke), of coarse there had to be new machined parts made for the linkage and so on, but the result is truly incredible with the lock time feeling more like a regular springer now. I also own a 12ftlb 90, but the fac is far more accurate.

atb phil