Fished a local lake yesterday just to see what the standard of bream was .Most were around the 3lb mark but some slabs came my way too.20yds out on the dam end in 18 ft of water so the float was out!.8 balls of ground bait in before setting up the feeder rod ,4lb straight through ,loop feeder rig and 14 hook tipped with worm and a maggot stopper .Had to wait half hour before the bream got on it but this is usual anywhere .The action was none stop for the morning but taled off in the afternoon .Its a dilemer whether or not to bang in more bait and risk loosing whats in the swim for a while or be content with the odd better quality fish if you dont .Im convinced the carp moved on it at one time as they were arching out the water to dive which is a sure thing that they are feeding I've found .

fishingbowood008of5.jpg

fishingbowood009dw2.jpg

fishingbowood010hs4.jpg

Finished with a respectable 125 lb [weighed].Match coming up so time well spent here .

Edited by foxdropper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Foxhunter -the boys interest is still there but my interest in taking him out has waned somewhat as I spend my time baiting ,untangling him and not fishing myself .

Scouser 3038-It a water in Wiltshire mate ,England ,and nearly on my doorstep .I've heard the irish bream are in decline but no doubt someone will put me right on this .