Here Is A&somersets Version Of Aolq Back From Renewal Today

I think you are all reading too much into the ALQ thing .It is just that ,whatever is legal with that quarry at that time ,no more no less .It does open up an area for boar to be shot with a .243 though which i intend to make the most of .

Good luck with that one. ;)

Using a .243 would be an instant cure for constipation me thinks on boar and make sure you have your speedy gonzalex brothel creepers on , because you will need them :laugh:

Me being a chicken I would have thought .50 cal being more appropriate in stopping one. I like the stopping power of a .270 but I question if its enough gun when it comes to some of these buggers.

Cheers

Stu

Lawful authority to shoot - Vermin

Lawful Authority to shoot - Deer

The holder may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, in the calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in connection with:

(a) the lawful shooting of deer

(B) the shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife;

It seems the two are being treated as interchangeable in this context.

Andrew

Interesting wording that

Nothing like what it says on mine.

at condition 10 it reads

The holder pf this certificate is permitted to posses, purchase or aquire expanding ammunition and the missiles for such ammunition and to use expanding ammunition in connection with the reasons as indicated below, within the confines of any other condition imposed upon the use of the weapon.

The Lawful shooting of deer.

The Shooting of vermin or in the course of carrying on activities in connection with the management of any estate,

Other wildlife,

The humane killing of animals.

The ammunition may also be used for the purpose of zeroing in connection with the above purposes.

.....................End of conditions...............

I'm afraid chap you are not understanding the conditions written on your certificate.

The condition you quote is the standard expanding ammunition that everyone has and has no bearing on what you may shoot with your rifle/s. You can only shoot what your rifle conditions say.

Interesting wording that

at condition 10 it reads

The holder pf this certificate is permitted to posses, purchase or aquire expanding ammunition and the missiles for such ammunition and to use expanding ammunition in connection with the reasons as indicated below, within the confines of any other condition imposed upon the use of the weapon.

The Shooting of vermin or in the course of carrying on activities in connection with the management of any estate,

Other wildlife,

The ammunition may also be used for the purpose of zeroing in connection with the above purposes.

I'm afraid chap you are not understanding the conditions written on your certificate.

The condition you quote is the standard expanding ammunition that everyone has and has no bearing on what you may shoot with your rifle/s. You can only shoot what your rifle conditions say.

I understand quite clearly what I am allowed to shoot they are listed in 1 to 9 of the FC the additional condition I quote 10 is the relevant one in respect to all wildlife. LOL

Lawful = common law

Legal = Statutes

Common law, also known as case law or precedent, is law developed by judges through decisions of courts and similar tribunals,[1] as opposed to Civil (Codified/Continental) Law set on statutes adopted through the legislative/parliamentary process and/or regulations issued by the executive branch on base of the parliamentary statutes.

A "common law system" is a legal system that gives great potential precedential weight to common law,[2] on the principle that it is unfair to treat similar facts differently on different occasions.[3] The body of precedent is called "common law" and it binds future decisions

Two min's on Google!! sound like the FLO is tying you to the parliment, they can now enforce acts of parliment against you even if they were legal and justified before and you can't claim common law in the future.

Basically Lawful is better to have than Legal...

Interesting wording that

at condition 10 it reads

Other wildlife,

I understand quite clearly what I am allowed to shoot they are listed in 1 to 9 of the FC the additional condition I quote 10 is the relevant one in respect to all wildlife. LOL

Ah, I'm with you now.

Looks to me that Somerset authorise their fac holders to purchase expanding ammo but not to use it !!