My 7 Month Old Saluki X Whippet...

Are the dogs from the same litter? Do you know why the other one turned out deaf? What training techniques did you use with the deaf one?

from different litters, same parents, when he was born he was stuck took a while to come out and we thought he was dead at first this is the reason he is deaf it isnt by genetics, it wasnt hard training i didnt really train him, from being young he has followed me to heel ferreting as a pup then hunting up in the woods as he got older then brought him onto the big fields at about 12/13month, he will chase and if he doesnt catch will come right back to heel

• Like 1

Are the dogs from the same litter? Do you know why the other one turned out deaf? What training techniques did you use with the deaf one?

from different litters, same parents, when he was born he was stuck took a while to come out and we thought he was dead at first this is the reason he is deaf it isnt by genetics, it wasnt hard training i didnt really train him, from being young he has followed me to heel ferreting as a pup then hunting up in the woods as he got older then brought him onto the big fields at about 12/13month, he will chase and if he doesnt catch will come right back to heel

That must encourage some calm, quiet handling............something that most dogs would probably benefit from.......?

That must encourage some calm, quiet handling............something that most dogs would probably benefit from.......?

what do you mean pal?