TREADMILLS

as said a treadmill is a usefull tool if used properly, ideal for bringing dogs back to fittness, also good to keep them in trim on those rainy days, as with everthink the key is knowing how to use it, to much treadmill work will make your dog weak, there usefull for building up your dogs stamina.

A couple of miles cycling at a fast trot for the dogs works well,Not running.

During the winter mine get

Monday 20 minutes walk

Tuesday 3-4 miles trotting next to me on a cycle and get slipped if we pass a field and see a chase in there,only 2 dogs

Wednesday 20 minutes walk or bit of retreiving tennis ball

Thursday Same as Tuesday

And one night at the weekend lamping and maybe a mooch with the lamp on a wednesday.

Lamping is definately the best way to get a dog fit.Or a few runs behind a lure once a week.

THE TROTTING IS SIMILIAR TO THE TREADMILL BUT I THINK ITS BETTER CYCOLOGICALLY AND YOU HAVE RANDOM INCLINE,DECLINE,IF YOU SEE A BUNNY THROUGH THE GATE THEY GET A SHORT BURST THEN BACK TO TROTTING GOOD HEART RATE.GOOD FOR PUTTING A GOOD HINDQUARTERS ON THEM.

JUST KEEP THEM BUSY

Edited by springfield

NOT FOR ME IM AFRAID. I HAVE THE WORLDS WORST MEMORY, AND THE THOUGHT OF ME FORGETING THE DOG WAS ON . FILLS ME WITH DEAD. IF YOUR PUSHED FOR TIME. USE AN OLD LANE WITH NO TRAFFIC. AND GET THEM BEHIND THE MOTOR FOR 15 MINS ALTERNETING YOUR SPEED. :yes: