Springer Help And Advice

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shot the hw97kt sfs stage 2 on Sunday. What an amazing rifle I just loved it when its run in it will be even better Its very accurate at 25 meters I would get pellet on pellet for 4 shots then I

The HW97 everyday of the week mate! I would snap his hand off at that price as well because it would cost about another £200 to get the same rifle with the same stage 2 tune brand new from tony and yo

hi buddy i have 2 AATX200HC's.177 & a HW97KT syn. 22 which is just being stage 2 tuned by SFS,after shooting Si's .22 and as you say you will be using it for HFT,then sorry you have to choose the

Good stuff mate. Drop me a pm if you're up for a day on the range ;-)

Im up for that mate .the rifle needs run in though its had 20 pellets through it since it left tony

Im going down to nascarg on Sunday.

Dont think i'll manage there Sun but a day next week would be good. May have a Rapid to play with ;-)

Did he give you any clue as to which pellets it likes? My 97k likes AA Fields and Accupels.

Edited by AirgunGuy

hi mate im working all next week its really just a sunday i get to go.

the best pellet he found was falcon accuracy plus the guy i bought it from gave me a new tin to try .

i have aa fields superdomes jjb exacts and the falcons to try out on sunday .hopefully one of those will do the trick .

i have bought a chrono durning the week as well so i will do a thorough test of the pellets for concistancy and then accuracy

I shot the hw97kt sfs stage 2 on Sunday.

What an amazing rifle I just loved it when its run in it will be even better

Its very accurate at 25 meters I would get pellet on pellet for 4 shots then I would put

One wide by an inch .im used to shooting a pcp so I need more practice.

For a first time out with it i was very very impressed .

I even got a shot of a vmach tx200hc in walnut which was my other choice I must admit

It shot beautifully as well but I preferred my 97kt.

So thanks for all the advice and point of view in this thread

I have definitely made the right choice

Cheers

David

Edited by valboskie
  • Like 3

I just think air arm make the better looking rifle's and preformance.i have had a wh100 and sold it a week later as i was shocked that my air arm s400/s410 gave the same preformance.So why spend a lot of money when you can spend less and get a rifle that is just the same ?

when you take into consideration that you get a walnut stock, 2 mags and a silencer chucked into the deal with a hw100, pound for pound the hw100 is proper value for money. it has a better trigger, flawless action with the sidelever. and you can fit a 1 piece mount.

i shoot a lot of competitions. there's hw fans and tx fans. the tx is a great gun out of the box, but far from perfect. nearly every owner of a tx on the circuit has had theirs tuned or fitted a v mach kit. the reason being is they shoot much better with a properly fitted kit and a proper lube job. the same goes with the 97.

if i were to just buy a springer for plinking or hunting and not interested in getting the very best out of my rifle, i would probably go for the tx. if i were thinking of getting it tuned to get the maximum performance out of it, i would go for a hw97. the new walther shoots sweet out the box, but you can bet your bottom dollar that people will start tinkering with them to try and make them better.

having a proper tune can help minimise hold sensitivity. i do hft with my 97kt and can have my butt in my shoulder, on the floor, pressed against the peg or even rest it on top of the peg. the point of impact is hardly any different. thats the difference you see. :yes: