Hi chap's, well the larson trap is doing it's thing pritty well at the moment so I have a number of bird if anyone needs call bird's.

Im South Cumbria, 40 minute's from junction 36-M6...Lakedistrict Area.

Marty.

People use call bird to put in larsen traps(magpie traps) they use them because magpies are territorial so if you have a magpie from another place the magpies in your are will want to attack it.The magpies will come trying to get at the call bird in the trap(it is perfectly safe) and then will get caught :yes:

• Like 1

People use call bird to put in larsen traps(magpie traps) they use them because magpies are territorial so if you have a magpie from another place the magpies in your are will want to attack it.The magpies will come trying to get at the call bird in the trap(it is perfectly safe) and then will get caught :yes:

Spot on Tom :thumbs:

Yep, I've had 6 in the last 3 day's so not doing to bad, 2 of them this morning. I'll probably have another 1 or 2 by this evening. The magpie's are pairing around here at the moment so they tend to be in large group's of 6/8 and more, I've got the trap in a place where there gathering so they'll just keep coming...HOPFULLY!!

The trap Im using took 168 birds last season so I hope its as good as last year.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to note it on here that I met Marty the other day to get a call bird. He drove a few miles out of his way to meet me and was very helpful and friendly. Top man. Great to meet someone off the forum not to mention someone who is prepared to help in such a way.

Thanks again :thumbs: