Recommended Pellets For Prosport .177?

Howdy

I wondered if anyone using an AA Prosport would recommend their favorite pellets for this rifle (for accuracy).

Only ever used JSB Exacts to date and fancy testing a few other makes but with so many on the market maybe you could help me narrow down the options?

thanks

davethedood

Edited by davethedood

In the same boat mate, I've only used AA fields in 4,52 size and the results are good, however I'm sure there will be a better pellet. Expensive game isn't it? A good friend on here sent me some rws superfields to try as they perform very well in his pro sport. I've yet to try them.

Maybe give AA fields in 4,52 a try? I can send you a tester bag if you pm me your address. Why? I think we should all help each other out. For the sake of a few pellets it may stop people spending ten quid on pellets only to find they are rubbish.

Thanks for the recommendations. Having put the same question to a number of forums the response I've had is as follows:

JSB Exacts

AA Fields

H&H FTT

RWS Superdome

Daystate Li

RWS Superfield

Accupels

The most recommended pellet was the JSB Exact in 4.52 by a fair margin which just happens to be the pellet I use! Time for some testing now methinks. Thanks again.

Fry I havnt tried those daystates could you post a pic of the groups your getting with them mate?

i aint got no pics of targets will take some when i get out next, but i am off to thailand next sunday and am flat out getting my allotments and house and kid arrangements sorted.

a good pellet to start off with is anything from the jsb variety. air arms fields, jsb reds, jsb blues (which i use in my hw97kt), falcons, fx.

be warned though. falcons are very light and fly very close to the limit. it'd be worth trying them over a chrono. my 97 does 10.9 with jsb's, but 11.5 with falcons. a big difference, so its definatley worth shooting a string over the chrono.

i find the falcons are great out to 35 yards, but can be a bit irratic in the wind. its because they're so light.

most guns shoot well with jsb made pellets so they're always a good place to start. accupells normally shoot quite well in springers too. most pellets will group well out to 30 yards or so, so it's always a good idea to try them at longer ranges like 50-60yards. that always sorts the excellent pellets from the good ones.

What you shooting in the recoiling championships Gasman1?

Do you know whether there will be a .22 class in the HFT group like last year?

Will be nice to meet up with you.

Si.

I've got JSB's to try, AA fields, Bisley LRG's, RWS Supermags, Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums, Accupells, and a bunch of other poopy ones like marksman and webley Hustlers.

I'll do a vid me thinks of my findings. Keep me out of mischief...

i'm doing hft with my hw97kt. 177. there will be a 22 class. ive watched a few of you vids and you seem to know your stuff. with your accent, you sound like you're local to me. plus on one of your vids i'm sure ive seen you shooting with one of our new probationers, but could be mistaken.

had a bad shoot today at ponty. ended up having to retire. i still came 2nd overall in the final standings, so was reasonably happy. breech seal needs changing. i lost 0.8fpe and was dropping 2" low at 40 yards. gunna have to call in and see wilf for a new one tomorrow.

i started off mainly hunting, but since i joined anston i seem to do more target and club shooting than hunting at the mo. its given my permission chance to recover a bit as there's only 8 to 10 acres and its so easy to overshoot such a small permission. i called in last sunday just for a mooch and there were quite a few rabbits about, which i was pleased about. it was only 4pm, so i'd imagine there'd be a few more after dark.

it'd be nice to meet you too si. you never know, we might even be on the same lane. just hope you dont whoop my ass with your 22 buddy.

sorry si. that last post was an answer to your question. this is the first recoiling champs that anston has held. you must really like a challenge. hft can be tough enough with a springer, but to do it in the 22 class as well..

i first started hft with a 22 hw100. i got my scores to around 52 and couldn't improve anymore than that so swapped actions to a 177 hw100 to improve my scores. once i'd got my head around the flatter tragectory my scores improved no end. i also have a mpr and a s200. both great rifles. the mpr is great and the s200 is a seriously underated gun in my opinion. easily as accurate as any of my other guns. my hw97kt is by far my favorite gun to shoot. more fun.