.177 Cometa .50 Air Gun

Welcome to the section Toby.

Cometa are a Spanish gunmaker and the air rifles they make are probably the best of Spanish gunmakers. The Fenix 400 series is their best known air rifle in the UK but, without direct experience of yours, I'd say it could well be a nice gun. I've not heard of anything bad or nasty about Cometa, so I wouldn't worry about buying a dud here. A quality sub 12ft/lbs .177 air rifle should be capable of taking rabbits out to 60 metres and over but, the real capability lies in the hands and at the shoulder of the person shooting it! :thumbs:

How about adding to our knowledge pool with a thorough shooting review?

Best wishes with your new rifle Toby.

Simon

• Like 1

Welcome to the section Toby.

Cometa are a Spanish gunmaker and the air rifles they make are probably the best of Spanish gunmakers. The Fenix 400 series is their best known air rifle in the UK but, without direct experience of yours, I'd say it could well be a nice gun. I've not heard of anything bad or nasty about Cometa, so I wouldn't worry about buying a dud here. A quality sub 12ft/lbs .177 air rifle should be capable of taking rabbits out to 60 metres and over but, the real capability lies in the hands and at the shoulder of the person shooting it! :thumbs:

How about adding to our knowledge pool with a thorough shooting review?

Best wishes with your new rifle Toby.

Simon

Cheers, that was useful and a good read, I know have some background info on my airgun! I am hopefully going to shoot a few targets this weekend, and am going on a night's shooting next weekend. I will post a review on the Cometa .50 to let you know how I get on. I will post a link to my review in here for you to see as well. All the best, and Thanks again for the advice :laugh:

Edited by Tobyy1234567

I had one when I was 8 , an bought another about 2 years ago for my partner's son. Their alright for abit of fun, but anything serious, I'd go for the Cometa 220(if they stil do it, I had one also) upwards, like the 300-400-400 fenix etc.

The 50 will probably be putting out about 6-7ft lb same as most juniour guns. But good luck in your findings ,Atb.

I had one when I was 8 , an bought another about 2 years ago for my partner's son. Their alright for abit of fun, but anything serious, I'd go for the Cometa 220(if they stil do it, I had one also) upwards, like the 300-400-400 fenix etc.

The 50 will probably be putting out about 6-7ft lb same as most juniour guns. But good luck in your findings ,Atb.

what do you mean by 'anything serious'

I haven't owned that model mate but did own a Cometa 300 which shot at 11 plus FPE.

The only let down was the heavy trigger pull but once mastered shot accurate to 40 yards.

I would sooner shoot a Cometa than the Gamo I shot a few months ago I can tell you.

Best of luck with your model mate.

If its just doing 6 to 7 FPE then rats, ferals and rabbits to 20 yards I would say is enough to ask of the rifle mate.

Si.