Warning Ilegal Snares In Scotland.

if you have any locking snares of any type you are commiting an offence period !! .but if you have say 2 or three hundred old style rabbit snares with out stops you will not be prosecuted or commit an offence as long as you do not intend to use them and you do not need to possess a licence or a tag number to have them hanging in your shed,this has been confirmed after several phone calls to the scotish office and talks with john grey who deals with snares ect. but if you use them and are caught you will be prosecuted and this legislation only applies north of the border at the moment thank god ,,,,,

Thanks for that, That's a good reply.

if you have any locking snares of any type you are commiting an offence period !! .but if you have say 2 or three hundred old style rabbit snares with out stops you will not be prosecuted or commit an offence as long as you do not intend to use them and you do not need to possess a licence or a tag number to have them hanging in your shed,this has been confirmed after several phone calls to the scotish office and talks with john grey who deals with snares ect. but if you use them and are caught you will be prosecuted and this legislation only applies north of the border at the moment thank god ,,,,,

Thanks for that, That's a good reply.

Aye from somebody who knows what there talking about and talking sense , prosecuted for just having them hanging in your shed ffs

I was helping to run the snaring course with SACS on Friday I do the admin but I sat through the course anyway. I think a lot of people are going to fall foul of the new law starting on April the 1st no its not a wind up anyone in possesion of snares of any type after that date can be prosecuted. That means any old snares in your garden shed will get you the jail. UNLESS you have a licence issued by the Police I will post more info once I have sorted out more relevant info.

Is this 100% correct?... :hmm:

NO ! i believe it is only if you are using them,at the course i attended GWCT course the question was asked and the reply was it is an offence only if you are using them ,

• Like 1

No I stand corrected if you have any locking snares they are ilegal to possess but ordinary rabbit snares are ok to possess but if you are going to use them they must comply with the new regs . The good thing is we have now had some clarification but its right enough they are trying to sicken the ordinary guy its death by a thousand cuts all we can do is fight every threat as it arises.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Why fcuking bother at all?

Years ago i used to set a few snares in likely spots and check them every day. Twice a day if i could. Loved every minute of it...the fieldcraft involved....

Now they want you to mark your snares so baghead jonny knows where they are to nick them....

And put your id number etc on them so when mrs smith from number 53 wants to complain about rabbits being snared on her morning jogging route..... the ARSEpca know whos door to come to.

Why not spray them orange with flashing lights and a copy of your driving license ane passport attached :bad:

Snaring will be banned soon enough..along with lurcher work daya and nighta and ferreting :yes:

And once thats done then catapults will be restricted.

In 10 years you get found in posession of a slip lead or a ball bearing youll be nicked :yes:

yep agree snaring will be banned soon enough, along with ferreting, and lurcher work, it too obvious, this day and age aslong as everyone gets theyr meat chopped up and killed behind closed doors,and they dont see a thing,theyr not botherd, some people would rather go out and hunt theyr meat them selves be it rabbit, venison,squirrel or hedog, aslong as its done humanly i dont know what theyr problem is, plus some farmers lose 1000's with rabbit damage, they have to be controlled. the good old days are gone for ever!!!!!

• Like 1