Wanted Nice Recipies For Rabbit

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite dish is a rabbit & chorizo risotto. I generally use the loins and meat off the back legs and cut them into neat little chunks. Get some chorizo sausage, any kind as you'll dice it up into smallish chunks.

Heat some oil in a pan and cook the rabbit and chorizo together (hot and fast) until the rabbit takes on some colour. You can add a little sherry or other fortified wine for a bit of Spanish authenticity.. Reduce and remove from the pan to rest.

Add a little more oil to the pan, enough to cover the bottom. Take a large onion, half it and slice it finely. Sweat it off in the oil until very soft.

Add arborio or paella rice to the pan (check on how much per person as I usually do it by eye for Mrs M and me). Stir in with the onions. You can also add some saffron if you're feeling flash (or flush). You could also add some smoked paprika instead of saffron and/or some chilli for a bit of heat, if you like that kind of thing, which I do.

Get some stock (chicken/veg/pork or ham stock goes well - we use the Knorr ones). I generally use 2 cubes to half a mug of boiling water. Don't worry, you'll be adding more water later. Stir in to the rice and onions.

Add a tin/carton of chopped tomatoes and stir in.

Don't let the rice stick so add more water if necessary. You will generally need to add more water if the rice starts to sounds like it's sticking to the bottom of the pan. It's kind of hard to describe but practise will make you familiar with the noise.

Add more veg if you want (mushrooms/peppers/courgette, etc.) Sliced.

Check seasoning and add more water. Between half a mug to a mug at a time. This rice will absorb a lot of liquid.

Once the rice is almost al dente chop some garlic (or add garlic puree) and add along with the rabbit and chorizo with the juices and let it cook in.

Once rice is cooked to desired texture serve in warmed pasta bowls with some toasted garlic bread and enjoy with a nice Rioja (red or white).

• Like 2