Guest Ditch_Shitter

Forget it, mate. Aside from the fact that they're illegal as hell, and only a complete fool would go setting something so obviously illegal, and then walking right back to the scene of that crime ~ I mean, ye'd may as well use gin traps! ~ the springs are shit.

That's why the Spring Traps Approval Orders exist. People better able than us Approve for our use those makes and designs which Work. I.e. Kill swiftly and humanely. Again and again. Consistantly. RBG's? Probably kill the first rabbit, if ye catch it within a few nights. After that? More than likely end up just choking the second one. Try for a third and it'd pull out with a sore neck.

Bob Crumb had a nice idea. He's just no Henry Lane when it comes to tempering those springs :no:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Wow! That page Short Cutted to!

NR; I'm a Belisle man myself, mate. Over here the law just says it has to kill quick ~ brand names don't come into it. I bought me a bunch of Belisle's and they Do get the job done! But those Savageau's just took my eyes out! What the hell's the score there, man? You ever used them? I'm off out of here in a minute and am still fielding e mails as I write this. I only allowed myself a glance. But they look pretty worked out! Can a BG better the Belisle???

And what's ye opinion on RBG's? Never mind that the springs can " climb higher ". That may lend more throttling power. But I personally found those same springs simply lacked temper and weakened in next to no time. Guy mentioned this exact point once, on Alaska. Bob (Bill?) Crumb turned up and argued the point. That's the internet and keyboards. What I personally experianced was in my own back garden.

I'd have bought a load of the little 'rat sized' RBG's and used then as pipe stoppers for Rattus norvegicous. Only I simply and honestly found them below the standards I require and demand. The springs f*cked up and let them down. Once bitten .....

Now; If Belisle made RBG's ....! :icon_eek:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
110 mags for 42USD a dozen.

:icon_eek: OMFG! That's barely two quid a trap!!! At that price, a man could fly out there and buy a load, still make a profit in uk!

I'll just tell myself they came with fried rice and rest easier. Otherwise I'll be breaking my heart to ever buy a decent BG again :(