Wondering What Your Take On This Method Is

Casso

• 2 weeks later...

It`s an absolute brilliant angle on dog training of which i endorse already !!

For example 1 :

at the moment i have a 5 month cocker in training,part of the dogs patience training involves the usual dog sitting with a dummy thrown out,dog sit`s patiently,i walk out pick up dummy then give it the dog upon my return,dog lies on back getting lots of belly rubbing while holding the dummy.NB : This just an extension of my 8 week start training programme in that,ball/sock thrown dog held back in my hands,but then released when dog loses focus on retrieve.NURTURE that patience.

And i`ll tell you something, that old sock/ball has been in my pocket for 5 months and that pup never takes it`s eye`s of me !!

Example 2 :

18 month old lab being finnished for the shooting field,Take dog pigeon shooting when birds coming in to roost,sit dog up,shoot a few pigeons which one or two will land flapping.DO NOT allow the dog to retrieve,walk out pick up a pigeon return to the dog and throw it the pigeon.Emphasis on patience, not retrieving or game delivery.

BUT oh to have an abundance of game to train on,it`s the best scenario to train in,but only if it is done right.

Great Topic, stick in.

Edited by camokev64