Am I Ready ....grouping ??

Hello all I have recently made the step up from my crappy co2 to pcp I have BSA superten and have been having fun plinking about

I got some pellets jammed down the barrel like a clown , so after I had them removed and the barrel sorted and cleaned I was advised to put a 100 or so pellet through her to re- lead it up ,

I have put about 200 though and only just today started getting groups were I would like i just want to go hunting lol

Ill let u guys tell me am I ready this was at 42 ish yards (walked out no range finder yet )

An I didn't have a penny so next smallest thing was a rimple of a can

10 shot group out side no wind breaker rested on a wall

89752FF0-EE50-4B9A-9EBB-258E1292D514-161

109B66FD-D9E8-4025-B92C-F4A75F706159-161

Then my sister challenged me to one shot each and 1st to hit the rimple she was good and managed to hit the peg I pinned it on the bord with bit I hit it 1st time lol a bit of a fluke but hit it nine the less lol

1B80831C-A316-4C8F-9660-4AB08880340D-161

The range

00FBD24A-3577-48BA-982E-554CCEFB12B4-161

;-)

Pretty impressive shooting, buddy !!!

late but here goes..

tester to see if your ready.

you need a 40 yard stretch, and a packet of extra strong mints,

walk up the mini range placing mints on anything that takes your fancy, random like.

now walk back to the bigging, no more than two shot at 1 target.. pick one near one midway ish one further out..

then walk on up and randomly wack the mint that takes your fancy..

if you hit 20 percent..yu need distance practicing..40 percent same again..80 percent..nearly there.

If you don't have a range finder you can also use things around you to help for instance in the pic you posted of "the range" down the right side you have a panel fence which I'd guess will have 6x6 panels in and from looking at the picture maybe the same panels again from what we can see to you. Call it 8 panels to be roughly in line with the orangy panel or shed in the middle of the pic (looks like that's were you target is set up.

So if the above is correct 8 panels at 2yrd a panel plus abit for the posts and your probably around 17yrd.

I know most of ouf shooting is in the open but when you can sometimes we can use the surroundings to our advantage.

If you look really closely were u think the 8th panel is there a trellis fence going across the others way blocking your view of another 4/5 panels it paced out to 40 ish long steps I get we're your coming from I think the next thing on my list is a range finder

Edited by bandog

regaurding range finders, hold out the extra 30 40 quid and make sure it has the inclanasion compansation.. i got one with out and even with my eyes going i can see its out lol.(looking up down changes the reading like a triangle..higher the height side the further the long edge..)

Edited by ghillies