First Permission...

Went to visit a friends dad today, to see about shooting rabbits. He said yes! I was made up as I know once you've got one, its generally easier to get more.

However, about half an hour later he rang me, with some bad new:( His wife didnt agree, she said it posed to much of a risk towards her cats...

I'm a bit dissappointed as he has a cracking bit of land, but will keep at it and hopefully get my first permission soon

Brian

Gutted for you Sir :cray:

I must admit though, I have had to take a second look before pressing the trigger with almost every shot as I have three perms that adjoin each other. A horse Paddock, a cemetery and a private garden and meadow.
The land owner of the garden and meadow took in a ferrel cat that was pregnant. She now has three moggies that predate all three of my perms. Mind you they are now HUGE and are easy to spot! I've watched in awe as they grab bunnies and carry them off. I've even seen one take a Gull and tear it to shreds!

Last time I was in the cemetery however I had just glimpsed over a warren entrance at 55 yards, it was clear, then a second or so later there was a shadow sat at the entrance of the warren. Scope back, 1st stage taken up from the trigger, then stage one released!
I aint got a clue as to where it came from, but this little predator thought it was big enough to stalk the Horses in the adjoining paddock!
Brave or foolish? I don't know but he's an awsome little fella

post-18667-0-68004900-1359911042_thumb.jpg

Tony

Ever thought of trying to get the wife on side, explain to her about the benefits etc etc, maybe take some pictures of what rabbits and vermin actual do to their property, I take it you have insurance?, keep trying mate you will find some soon :)

I think she's quite set on it, I'll have another go in a few months once ive found somewhere else, try use that as a persuasion aid:) Joining basc on friday so hopefully will be easier to find somewhere then.

Gutted for you Sir :cray:

I must admit though, I have had to take a second look before pressing the trigger with almost every shot as I have three perms that adjoin each other. A horse Paddock, a cemetery and a private garden and meadow.

The land owner of the garden and meadow took in a ferrel cat that was pregnant. She now has three moggies that predate all three of my perms. Mind you they are now HUGE and are easy to spot! I've watched in awe as they grab bunnies and carry them off. I've even seen one take a Gull and tear it to shreds!

Last time I was in the cemetery however I had just glimpsed over a warren entrance at 55 yards, it was clear, then a second or so later there was a shadow sat at the entrance of the warren. Scope back, 1st stage taken up from the trigger, then stage one released!

I aint got a clue as to where it came from, but this little predator thought it was big enough to stalk the Horses in the adjoining paddock!

Brave or foolish? I don't know but he's an awsome little fella

attachicon.gifmoggie.jpg

Tony

Last thing i would want to do is shoot any of their cats, its a shame though because it is a cracking space, two levels, the higher looking out over a small field with trees and bushes around the edges, quite a few rabbits too. Fingers crossed find somewhere soon

Having insurance is a must and its a great talking tool for new owners, especially for showing them the relevant paperwork, it's just looks more formal, shows your mature etc etc.

I completely agree, as soon as I get paid I'll be joining Basc :) only tried today as its a mates dad.